Love Is A Confusing Concept

Ash's P.O.V

"Do you have your lunch money?"

"Yeah." I relied to my mom, fixing my backpack and getting me ready for school.

"Does that mean that you have everything?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then, you better hurry, the bus is about to come in 10 minutes."

I did what my mom told me and I exited the house. I walked down the street and waited at the bus stop. It didn't seem like anyone was there, so I was there by myself.

"What's up Ashy-boy?"

I turned around and saw Gary walking towards me.

"Hey." I mumbled.

"What's wrong? Don't tell me that you aren't excited to see me!" Gary laughed.

I stayed quite and continued to look at the street in front of me.

"Oh, come on. Tell me how the date with you and Serena went." Gary put his arm on my shoulder and smirked.

"Date?" I looked at him confused. "And I don't want to talk about it."

"What happened? Don't tell me that she ended up leavin ya for someone else!" Gary joked.

I looked at him and said, "Gary, take some things serious for once."

"Sorry, but I can't help it." He sighed.

"Then at least try."

"Okay, okay. Now tell me what happened."

"Nothing happened- it's just that... I snapped at her and don't know why. I all of a sudden just got angry at everything."

"Part of being a teenager Ashy-boy." Gary laughed. "Something must be bothering you and you ended up taking it out on her."

"Maybe... But I don't know what's bothering me." I frowned.

"Did anything make you mad before you snapped at her?"

"I mean- I guess. But all it was, was-" I looked down at the floor. "It's just hard having feelings for someone and knowing that you can't be with them."

"Oooohhhh! Did I just hear that you have feelings for Serena!?" Gary jumped.

"I don't know still, "love" still confuses me."

"Tell something that you like about her." Gary smirked.

"Why?"

"Cause, just do it."

"Okay?... She has one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen and the cutest laugh. Her eyes are beautiful as well and-" I paused, realizing what I just said.

"Looks like you also caught the case of love!" Gary clapped.

"I still don't get the concept." I frowned.

"No one gets love, man." Gary hit my shoulder with his elbow. "You just got to- go with the flow."

"If you say so." I frowned.

•~•~•~•~•

Soon the bus came and we rode it to school.

Once we reached school I looked to the side of me as I stepped out of the bus and I saw Serena. She was walking towards school, a frown on her face.

I started to walk over to Serena, to apologize, but then stopped when I saw someone walk up to her.

He kinda wore the same thing as me, but he had longer, brushed hair. He went up to Serena and said something, that made her laugh and smile. Then he took her hand and dragged her along, a smile stuck on her face.