|| १७- Learning ||

Mathura

Krishna waited with Balarama and Taara for Tapasvi and Satyabhama to arrive. He knew that this conversation was going to be very serious, and the content of it did worry Him, though He had no doubt that Satyabhama would handle it with aplomb. He was however unhappy with it, but He knew He could not protest. They had not asked for anything scandalous, had they?

Which was the real problem. He knew Kritavarma and Shatadanva would not let it rest, but He had also not wanted this to start so soon after Satyabhama's induction to the Yadava Sena had happened publically.

And yet, here they were, all caught in this situation, for no fault of anyone but those who kept getting restless at the induction of a woman into the Yadava army. How was He to pacify the overprotective Tapasvi? Much like His Dau got protective of Him, Tapasvi did too of Satyabhama. He had seen that multiple times, in the more subtle ways, unless the obviousness was needed.

"Kanha, everything will be fine," Balarama said very gently, patting Krishna's arm, clearly knowing His thoughts well. "We both are of the same opinion, as are Pita and Matamaha. Between us, we can ensure no disrespect comes to Satyabhama."

"We will ensure that, Dau, and the path set for Her is as Destiny chose it, and yet, for some strange reason, more so than usual, Her pain is as much mine as mine is Hers," He smiled at the curious Taara, whose eyes held a hope that blossomed brightly.

Krishna smiled at His younger sister, who had been born in tough times. He knew She too was Destined to specific things, and She would achieve all that She desired. His inner mind knew it. Even as He pondered all this, Satyabhama entered the chambers with Tapasvi, the siblings walking in side by side.

"Pranaam Dau, pranaam Mathuradheesha," Satyabhama said softly, glowing in the radiance that seemed internal and entirely natural to Her. Krishna smiled at Her softly, ignoring the knowing look His elder brother gave Him. He would not make a move to think of Her marriage till She was of age, but Krishna's heart knew who She was born for. She greeted Taara more informally, being a close friend of Hers.

"Bhagini!"

Just as His sister greeted Saatraajiti, both Krishna and Balarama greeted Tapasvi with smile and warm embraces, the friendship between the three very strong, flourishing.

"What is it, Vaasudeva?" Tapasvi asked, worried but also calm. It spoke of His trust, and it made Krishna smile. He replied, "As we discussed the day after Saatraajiti's Kalaa Pradarshana, the noises have already started."

"I am curious as to why they have issues with a woman joining the army," Satyabhama said. "Is it not a golden opportunity to use, instead? Inspire other women to join the army using my example? There is no compulsion."

Though Satyabhama clearly seemed to know why it was rare for women to go to war generally. Their responsibilities were seen as different generally, but many should remember, it was only Devi who could kill Mahishasura. Maybe it was rarer, for women are seen as the nourishers, not defenders. However, was there a defender in the Universe, in any Universe, in fact, better than a mother?

"I think you already know the answer, Saatraajiti," Krishna said gently, meeting Her eyes. The blue Lotus petals of Her eyes, blooming more than even the blue Lotus itself, shone with deep understanding. He continued, knowing She had no issues with Him being blunt and straightforward.

"Women are nurturers, how can they go to war regularly?" Krishna put forth the question, His eyes still piercing Satyabhama's.

"Why ask me questions when you yourself believe women are absolutely eligible to fight in the army?" Satyabhama quizzed Him, though Her eyes seemed to dance in some unknown delight. Was it the same delight that alighted His very Self?

"To ensure you know how to speak when many bring up such words," Krishna said frankly. "You have been taught everything by your Guru, Saatraajiti. But a little extra practice does no harm, right?"

"Practice makes perfect," Satyabhama nodded, looking at Him with a smile that felt like His own, to Krishna. "However, Gurudeva suggested that I go for further training, Mathuradheesha. He said that it would be beneficial, not just to the YadavaKula, but to the world at large."

"If Gurudeva says it, it must be right. Who do you plan to learn from, Devi?" Krishna asked Her, purposely using the epithet of Devi, for Satyabhama's inner self was awakening, and He could sense it. Her eyes flashed in curiosity and confusion, causing Him to smile softly to Himself. She was awakening, and the Brahmanda would benefit.

"That is what confuses me, YaduKula Sreshta," Satyabhama said. "Gurudeva specifically said need approach another Guru, citing Bhagavan Ramachandra as the example with shodasa kala rupa. He believes I need to learn the Tattva of the shodasa kalas."

"Your answer is there in your words, Saatraajiti," Krishna smiled, sudden understanding filling Him, which made Him smile more.

"It is?" Satyabhama met His eyes, when Satyaki's hurried footsteps were heard from the corridor outside.

"Satyaki?" Balarama called out, allowing Yuyudhana to run in, pausing only when he reached Balarama's side.

"Krishna, Dau, Jarasandha has again started his campaign against us, as you rightly predicted," Satyaki sounded haggard and angry.

"Already?" Satyabhama sounded surprised, yet not, in an ambivalent tone of question. Krishna wondered how He alone could pick up on Her tone, subtle as it was. Her excellent behaviour did not allow Her to be sarcastic or talk much, but Her nuances conveyed the meaning of Her question.

"Already, Satyaa," Satyaki sighed. "Krishna, which plan should we proceed with?"

***

Satyabhama meandered near the Yamuna. As Krishna had rightly said, dragging Her into the meeting at present would have been a disaster, for Her knowledge on strategies had not been exhibited clearly just yet. More than that, it was the start of issues already that had all of them hesitant to think of bringing Satyabhama in. A hesitance She agreed with, in fact. She could not join the army with distrust from some of the Senapatis of the Sena.

Sighing, She sat at the banks of Yamuna, gently touching the fluttering waters of Her friend. She wished to see Kalindi suddenly. Even as She thought that, the waters of the river suddenly started churning, causing Satyabhama to hesitantly move Her palm away from the waters. However, the fast paced dark waves of Yamuna caught the tips of Her fingers, and in a quick moment, Satyabhama had sunk into the Yamuna, none having an idea that She had been dragged in. 

*****

UNEDITED.

I know, we are still in Mathura. But we will visit Vidarbha soon enough, okay?

Please please leave some comments. They really do encourage me!