|| १६- Aadi Keshava ||

Mathura

Satyabhama was slowly getting out of the daze She had been feeling for the past five days. Ever since Her Kalaa Pradarshana, She has been in deep, immersive thoughts of the energy She had felt within Herself. It had felt as if She was actually One with not just the Universe, but with the very ParaTattva. She could still feel Her own self emanate as if She were MahaLakshmi, the very foundation of every Brahmanda. It was as if every power in every Universe resided within Her, every power seemed to come from Her. Especially after She had ended up in a silent interaction with Vaasudeva, that feeling had become more intense than ever.

Furthermore, She was genuinely very busy. When She had not been in these heavy thoughts, She was mostly at Guru Garga's Ashrama, learning all the ethical rules of conduct during war as well as studying warfare strategies once again. She was to join an official session in another four days, and Satyabhama wanted to be completely ready. At least as much as She could be. She knew that Kritavarma, Shatadanva and their faction of supporters were not completely pleased with Satyabhama being a part of the army, but none of them could argue with Vaasudeva or Dau, and thus had only taken to trying to make subtle jabs. Why they thought the two brothers would not notice said jabs was beyond Her comprehension. From what little Satyabhama knew of and had interacted with Them, it was clear that very little escaped the notice of the two sons of Vasudeva.

And yet...

Satyabhama sighed, a little louder than She was wont to do.

She had to talk to Taara and Kalindi. She felt Their insights would help Her with understanding not just Herself, but also in understanding Krishna. He felt so easy to understand, and yet the depth that existed to understanding Him fascinated Her in a way that felt deeper than a general attraction. It felt like a Soul connection.

Blush filled Her cheeks, making Her glow when She peered at the mirror. Her dark skin suddenly looked golden, as the red filled not just Her cheeks, but ran deep in Her veins too. For a moment, She felt like She was seeing Herself with golden skin, glowing beautifully in a light pink saree, Her hair beautiful rivulets of curls. She seemed to be the same as Satyabhama, and even before the latter could blink, the vision She had got disturbed.

Who was the Princess? Why had She felt like Satyabhama Herself in a different form? How was it... Satyabhama paused, Her brain quickly jumping to one conclusion after the next. What if this Princess is also One who is pulled to Krishna the way Satyabhama was? The way Her two sisters were? The way Sushila probably was, though the latter was very silent about it. Satyabhama, however, could read Sushila's eyes as well as demeanour and knew that Sushila too had the same enchantment with Krishna.

"Aadi Keshava," Satyabhama whispered, suddenly yearning to go and see Him. Maybe She could do that? Would that not clear every muddle She had?

Smiling and nodding to Herself, She decided to leave Her chambers, when suddenly, a peacock feather floated in from outside, falling down on Her dressing table. Satyabhama gasped softly, slowly reaching out to touch it. The moment She did, Satyabhama knew it was specifically for Her. She had just said His name, and had found a peacock feather. He was with Her, and showing the way.

***

"Om Keshavaayah Namaha ||" She said softly, gently tucking the peacock feather into Her right armlet, before leaving for the temple, gathering the pink Lotuses She had collected from the Yamuna that morning.

The temple was at its calmest for some reason at that time. Satyabhama felt Her heart stutter in the peace Her Lord's murthi gave Her. She affectionately placed some of the Lotuses at His feet, decorating Him with a Lotus garland She had strung, as She sat in front of Him. She went on Her tiptoes, gently placing the garland on His neck, when the idol suddenly seemed to have become Vaasudeva Krishna, before becoming the Vishnu murthi once more.

Her breath faltered, Her heart thudded, and the blood in Her veins seemed to rush to Her cheeks. She could feel Herself blush deeply, as She gazed deeply at the face of the murthi, somehow only seeing Krishna in Him. It was no surprise to Her about Her love for Vishnu, since She was very young, Her heart had called Narayana alone as Her husband.

"Narayana, your Leela is Infinite," She whispered, wondering why He was insisting on Her staying in the temple suddenly. Was someone coming? Is that why...

"Satyaa?"

Satyabhama turned to meet Taara's doe-shaped eyes, Her heart filled with delight.

"Bhagini!"

Satyabhama rushed to Taara's side, gently embracing the daughter of Devaki, whose mellifluous laughter was sweeter than the cuckoo. Satyabhama felt Taara press a soft kiss to Her head.

"Bhagini, I was wondering when to come and meet you just a short while ago," Satyabhama informed Taara, smiling at the latter after gently separating from Her.

"And here I am, mysteriously," Taara smiled quietly, a tint of knowing exhibited in Her body language, which She did not bother to explain, despite knowing well Satyabhama's innate curiosity. Or maybe because She knew Satyabhama's curiosity, and wanted to tease Her about whatever Taara knew. Eventually.

"Bhagini, you somehow knew I was here, did you not?"

"I did," Taara admitted, smiling softly. "You will know eventually how I did know that. For now, we have a lot to discuss, don't we?"

"We do, Bhagini," Satyabhama said softly, as the two once more bowed down to Aadi Keshava. Following that, Taara said, "Satyaa, with regards to you joining the army, you and I need to discuss the details of it with my two brothers and your own elder brother."

"Tapasvi Bhrata?" Satyabhama observed Taara's face, who nodded, as if indicating there was a specific reason. This reaction told Satyabhama everything She needed to know, but She said nothing yet. Taara would talk to Her when They were in private, so to say.

"Yes," Taara reiterated, looking slightly out of sorts, before pulling Herself together. "My brothers also want to talk to you, so tomorrow, your brother should lead you to the place of meeting."

"Alright Bhagini," Satyabhama suppressed the urge to shiver with the thrill that filled Her at the thought of meeting Krishna and talking to Him the next day. "I wanted to anyway discuss all the etiquette that Gurudeva has been dicussing with me."

Taara nodded, looking serious. "We have something about your education to discuss, Satyaa."

With that, Taara gently dragged Satyabhama out, the two women sitting down in front of the temple to talk about what Taara seemed completely sure and serious about.

*****

What do you all think of Satyabhama's love for Krishna?