|| ४- Devi Saatraajiti ||

Even the slightest movement of the wind could have been heard in the complete silence that had pervaded the Sabha since Satyabhama's request

Even the slightest movement of the wind could have been heard in the complete silence that had pervaded the Sabha since Satyabhama's request. She discreetly glanced around Her, discerning only a few faces that seemed to think She was being extremely bold, though most of the faces seemed to be almost impressed at the magnitude of Her request. She counted down to the seconds, waiting for the silence to break.

Five, four, three, two one....

The pandemonium that resulted from Her words was beautiful in an extremely chaotic way. She had to admire the art of chaos, for the Yadavas seemed to have mastered it. She met Taara's humour filled eyes, and the minute smirk tugging on Her best friend's face told Her that She had done exactly what They had discussed when Satyabhama had gone to Her with such a wish. She looked at Balarama next, whose expression was a cross between excess exasperation and a deep amusement He was successfully hiding from almost everyone. She could see that His siblings, especially Krishna and Taara, could easily see the amusement He had.

She finally moved Her eyes to Krishna, and saw Him watching Her. That was the flush of positivity She had felt right after She had made Her request. She was unable to move Her eyes from Him, gazing deeply into His orbs despite where they were. She was pushed towards Him, attracted directly into His orbit like a moth to the flame, as if the Universe and beyond wanted Them to look at each other. The rightness She felt when Their eyes met was something She could not describe.

It was as if They had always known each other, and had separated for some reason, and were finally back to each other.

Blood rushed to Satyabhama's cheeks, though Her eyes were encased with His, He a magnet to Her. All She could do was gaze into His deep, soul entrenching dark brown eyes, despite the fact that They were at the Sudharma, where there were still various parallel arguments going on.

"Shaanti!"

The calm, yet powerful and stern voice of Vasudeva silenced the assembly in a flash, everyone looking at the regal Anakadundhubhi, whose face could be easily seen in Balarama, his eldest son. Krishna smiled softly, turning to His father, finally breaking His gaze with Satyabhama, the latter now flushing scarlet and also turning to Vasudeva, eager to listen to his thoughts.

"I do not believe there is anything wrong with Putri Satyabhama's request," he said, warming Satyabhama's heart. She smiled, eager to listen to the soothing voice of the son of Shurasena. Vasudeva continued, "She is very skilled, as Guru Garga has told us. She has been vouched for by him, and thus, I believe we should give Her a very fair chance to join us in the war against Jarasandha."

He looked at Ugrasena after saying those words, the King smiling and nodding, His white beard swaying gently in the gust of cool breeze that played in the atmosphere.

"I also agree with Vasudeva. His words are sound, and we are Yadavas. All the women in our clan are virya shulka. If one such woman wants to join our Sena, we need to give Her the fair opportunity to do so."