My eyes stay on Alyssa, the camera starting to look in skightly as the girl changes into the different jersey, taking her hair down and putting it into a tighter ponytail before tucking her necklace that she was wearing underneath her jersey.

I wasn't there to hold it for her this time.

"They have her practice libero still despite her not playing there... she should be fine.. right?" Maia asks, with us knowing how bad Alyssa's anxiety could get. In a new role in an important game I knew how bad it could turn if she let it get to her.

I lean up, watching the screen and trying to gauge the girl's reaction, however I wasn't able to really tell as the camera panned out again, looking over the court view again.

"With the second set starting up, are they able to bring this back after such a beating in the first?" Dave asks.

The camera pans back into Alyssa again, the girl talking to Jess and Ryan on the court, what she was saying was unknown.

"I better see her dive for everyball." Quandances voice makes the room laugh as the next starts up, the set opening with Alyssa making a perfect pass, Uconn scoring on a hard hit by Jess.

The girls cheer, Ryan pushing Alyssa in a celebration before saying something to her.

I laugh, being able to read the girls lips.

"That's what the fuck I'm talking about!" Azzi laughs, confirming that she understood what the girl said as well on TV.

Paige claps her hands, laughing. Maia shaking her head while she leans back into her. "Alright A, I see you."

The game continues on like this for a good minute, Alyssa proving to be a good choice to change into the position as the game was much closer, Uconn winning by 1 at 16-15 for the moment.

Ryan goes back to serve, the ball falling short and hitting the middle on the other side of the net, the player shanking the ball.

"That was a good spot, what the fuck."  Caroline says and I nod, agreeing with the girl. Ryan serves again and this time the team returns it, a ball getting hit towards Alyssa who dives to the less, getting it up before bouncing back up, getting ready incase the ball comes back over, only for Jess to get a stuff block, another point for Uconn.

"How does she even dive like that?? I swear I would break like 6 bones." Kk laughs, before standing up, frying to copy the move, only to hold her hip as she's on the ground, "Ah, cramp! Ice, help!" She calls, reaching her hand out to the laughing girl who was recording her.

"Nah, get your dumbass up KK." Ice laughs.

"Wait guys," Evina says quieting them, pointing at the screen. "Look."

Our attention turns from KK's antics to the screen, Uconn's team huddled around Alyssa, the girl rubbing at her thigh with a wince in her face.

My eyes instantly stay on her, the girl shaking her head as a trainer starting to come over to her saying something to them before waving her hands at her teammates. The group disbanding as thr timeout ends, the team getting back into their positions.

"And it seems like Alyssa seems to have tweaked a muscle a bit but as she waves the trainer off to continue playing, she shows off the grit we all know her for." Dave speaks

"She went a month without getting hurt at all... That's a new record." Maia jokes slightly.

I roll my eyes slightly at the comment with fondness behind the action obviously. That was her best friend, she knew that girl like the back of the hand yet it didn't mean she never worried the shit out of her, or me.