A Surprise Collision

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Iris yelped. The umbreon stared at her, confusion written all over his face.

"Huh?" He asked, voice quiet and slightly raspy. Ivy gradually gathered herself together, now standing. She looked at the umbreon on the ground, feeling more guilty than she expected.

"I'm in a bad mood, and--and," Ivy tried to explain, frustration clear in her voice. She couldn't get her words out, though, without yelling some mean nonsense at the umbreon.

"I'm pissed off!" She yelled, fur now spiked up. His pupils seemed to shrink, probably scared. She breathed in deeply, realizing how much she attention she was garnering around them.

Grabbing the umbreon's paw, she lifted him to stand even with her. He stared at her, shocked that she hadn't decided to beat him up--or something.

"Follow me." She told him sternly, before immediately beginning to walk forward.

The umbreon shuddered, unsure of what was to come. Even so, he stepped forward. He noticed the stares of multiple Pokémon around them, as well as how the hallway was almost completely silent. He jumped in surprise as he failed to turn a corner, redirecting his paw steps to catch up with the glaceon ahead of him.

-

The umbreon kept walking, anxiety building up even further. Why was he still following her? He's so doomed...

They were in some classroom in the school, but it looked like it hadn't been touched in ages. Not even cleaned by a janitor. He paused walking as the glaceon came to a stop, turning around to face the umbreon and sit down.

"Here." The glaceon said, patting the ground. She sat down, and as far as he could tell she had no ulterior intentions. He twitched his ears, deciding to do as she said.

"Um... Why are we here?" He asked nervously, glancing around for any other Pokémon. Of course, it was an empty classroom--no one else was there.

"We're here because those Pokémon couldn't possibly learn to mind their own business," She answered blankly, before turning away, "and because..." She paused, still facing away. Was she embarrassed?

"Because..?" The umbreon asked, tapping his paws against the floor nervously. The glaceon promptly turned back to face him, face red with embarrassment.

"Because I'm sorry! Gods, I just..." She trailed off, before looking at him again, "I have a temper and it's impossible to control. I was already agitated and running into you set me off, okay?" She explained, annoyance clear in her tone. The umbreon's eyes widened in shock, but he quickly regained composure as he began to understand.

"I see. Don't worry too much about it..." He replied honestly. She was staring off into the distance until she snapped back to face him. He noticed her claws unsheathe into the ground.

"I-I'm such a jerk, though!" She exclaimed, in a louder tone. He jumped back just a little, surprised. Even so, the umbreon nodded in understanding.

"You seem more than aware, though, right?" He pondered, paw to his mouth as he nervously bit at it. She raised an eyebrow.

"You're just like my friend, Felix, except a lot quieter." She thought aloud, turning away for a second, "and nicer..." she whispered, though he heard.

"Who's Felix? And..." He looked intently at the glaceon before him, "Who are you?" He asked pure curiosity in his voice. The glaceon placed her paw on her temple, probably trying to calm down.

"Felix is my best friend, and I'm Ivy." She answered, seeming to have calmed down a decent bit. Her claws had been sheathed recently, and now she sat picking at one of them.

"Nice to meet you, Ivy." He replied, before continuing, "I'm Aster." He said, introducing himself.

"That's a cool name," Ivy replied, now looking directly at Aster. She had one paw on her chin, the other on the ground supporting her as she continued to stare at him. He looked away nervously.

"Um..." he said awkwardly, unsure of what to say.

"I was named thinking I would turn out to be a leafeon. They were wrong." She said plainly, before looking up and making a face, "Actually--sorry, Felix tells me I need to stop dumping stuff like that on people out of nowhere." She exclaimed hurriedly, concern washing over her face. Aster tried, but he couldn't hold back the laugh that took over his body.

"Y-you! Pfttt!!!" Aster choked out, struggling to find breath between his laughing. Ivy looked at him weirdly, a sort of amusement on her face.

"Why are you laughing at that, you freak," Ivy asked, though it wasn't really a question. Soon after, Aster started to breathe like normal. Even so, he let out one last chuckle.

"Nothing in particular..." Aster replied, a bit of nervousness present in his voice. He still wore a sly smile on his face, though.

Ivy let out a snort. "Mhm..." She replied, clearly not believing him. They sat in silence for a moment, though it wasn't necessarily uncomfortable--just quiet.

Aster felt a jolt of shock overtake him as the bell rang, signaling that their lunch period was over. He looked to Ivy, who seemed unalarmed. She looked at him briefly before standing up, lending a paw to Aster. Placing his paw in hers, she helped lift him up.

"What class do you have next?" Ivy asked, interested in knowing. Aster looked up, pondering for a moment.

"I think I have Physics next, with Ms. Fir?" Aster answered, sounding not so confident. He gave her a sheepish smile, and Ivy smiled back lightly.

"Ms. Fir is a sweetheart, so no worries about that class. Unless you suck at math, like me." Ivy stated jokingly. Aster smiled in return.

"Good to know," Aster replied honestly, feeling more positive knowing Ivy approved of his next teacher. "I'd better get going, uh--class, y'know?" He said, nervousness in his voice again. She nodded in understanding.

"Well, I've got English 4, so I'll see ya later," Ivy said, turning away as she began walking away, and Aster just watched. She gave him one last smile as she walked out the door, leaving him alone.

That was an experience...

-
Hey all! Hope you're enjoying the story so far :3 Be sure to leave a like if you enjoyed, and comment your favorite character so far! Or whatever you're thinking of about the story lolol.
Anyway, thank you for reading. I appreciate the support so much!!! :D