Brief Meeting

When I got home last night I immediately got in my bed and crashed

When I got home last night I immediately got in my bed and crashed. I know, gross, but I truly didn't have the energy to shower. I was exhausted from last night. I woke up this morning and got in the shower then got ready for work.

As I walked into the bakery I was hit with a wave of smells. Such as fresh cinnamon rolls and every baked good you could think of. I walked back into the kitchen and prepped everything for potential orders. Once I put my apron on, I walked back out to the register. 

~ three hours later ~

It was now around 4:30pm and we close in a little under two hours. I was counting the money in the register when I heard the bell ring. "Hi, welcome to The Morris Bakery how may I help you? " As I looked up, I met eyes with the same man from last night.

Except, today he replaced his formal suit with cargo jeans and a graphic tee. I liked the style change; it was very different. " Oh, you, uh Nicolo, right? " I said with a puzzled look on my face trying to think of his name.

" Yes, don't wear it out " he said with a straight face. How could he say something so normal and make it sound so...well you know.

" Did you hear anything I said?" He said with an eyebrow slightly raised. " What? Sorry sir, No I did not can you repeat that for me? " I stated awkwardly. 

I said my order for a second time because the first time I said it she seemed to be too deep in thought to comprehend anything I was saying

I said my order for a second time because the first time I said it she seemed to be too deep in thought to comprehend anything I was saying. Once I got my order, I took a moment to check the bag that it came in to be sure she didn't forget anything.

Not that I would think she's forgetful it's just precaution to make sure I got everything I paid for. 

~20 minutes later~

When I got home, I hopped in the shower and washed my hair. I washed it a few days ago but it had been a stressful few days so I chose to wash it again. 

I stepped out of my bathroom with my towel hanging around my waist. I walked into my closet and threw on a random T-shirt and a pair of shorts. Normally I sleep in boxers, but it was pretty cold tonight, so I wanted to be more covered. 

I walked downstairs and then decided to eat some of the stuff from the bakery. It was all handmade by Kehlani. No, I didn't ask her that. I prefer not to engage in too much conversation. 

But when you are the don of The Italian Mafia it's not that hard to find out what you want to know about someone. I know I shouldn't feel any attraction to her. 

But she makes it so hard not to want to see her more often after just one encounter. I planned on going to the bakery at least 2-3 times a week. The most I could do is be her friend, right?

I'm not one to care about other people's feelings and I quite honestly don't but I don't think its right to hurt her. 

I returned my attention back onto the cinnamon roll I had in my hand and took a bite.

" Oh, mio Dio, potrei mangiarlo tutti i giorni per il resto della mia vita" I said with my mouth full. (Oh my god I could eat this every day for the rest of my life).

Once I finished the cinnamon roll I decided to head up to my office. Around 30 minutes later Domenico walked in. 

" What? " I said annoyed. I had been working on the security cameras at the warehouse because all of the footage from the past week had been hijacked.

" Nothing dude, I can never just come say hi to my best friend?" He said with a shrug. 

It's not that I mind him coming for a quick hello, but he usually just wants to go out or something after and I'm too busy to go out again tonight.

After around an hour I kicked him out and went up to my room to sleep.