DIVORCE PT. 2 012

Start from the beginning

That, for some reason, was more than a heavy hit, a moment of silence between the two before Felix spoke up again.

"Alright... thank you, then." Felix uttered, tracing his finger around the table.

"Yup, my pleasure. Until next time." Minho sighed with an excessive hum, ending the call before Felix had gotten to bid him goodbye.

Yeah... they're only really close friends, but Felix can't help but think there was something more heavy between them.

Unless Minho just lacked manners because of Hyunjin throwing the blame all on him.

Well, to be fair, he sort of did so during their argument. But Minho and Felix also hadn't always gotten along anyway, so...

Until Felix sees Hyunjin again... he'll have to live through it all and sob daily... not fun.

Hyunjin probably feels fine with all of this.

Typical Hyunjin during a bad situation.

·

Three weeks, and Felix finally hears a knock at the door.

He's not even daring to check who it is, opening the door right away to see a Hyunjin, with, you wouldn't guess, divorce papers in his hand.

"Can you sign them." Hyunjin remarked harshly, walking in and placing the papers on the table, grabbing a pen from the drawer and placing it on top.

No, hi, hello, how are you doing? Of course...

Felix can't help but look down, Hyunjin's signature prettily lacing the paper in black, Felix always admired that;

Hyunjin's signature.

It just has a nice flow to it. Made his day ten times better to see that alone. Anything related to Hyunjin, really.

"I'm not signing the papers." Felix declared in a whisper, staring at the pen and paper.

"Do you really want to go to court and make this harder for us, Felix?" Hyunjin retorted, tilting his head and resting his hands on his hips as he gave a disappointed blink.

"Do you not understand that I don't want this? Don't want to lose you?" Felix frowned, looking up at Hyunjin, face already scrunching up gently;

Even though Hyunjin still looks majorly unfazed whatsoever.

"Okay." Hyunjin exhaled, "Court on Monday. The one nearby and I don't want exceptions." Hyunjin retorted, grabbing the papers and exiting.

He hasn't even been here for a full five minutes, managing to make problems and leave...

God, how much that hurts.

·

Felix really didn't expect this to happen.

He's twenty-five, knowing Hyunjin for eight years; being friends for one, together for four and married for three... now they're just... abandoning it and divorcing...

Currently driving to court, it's not exactly that fun.

Monday.

It was always so bland and monochrome, a much hated day to everyone.

But the fact that Felix knows he has to deal with a trial that Hyunjin hopefully doesn't win on a Monday makes it so much worse.

Worse day in history to him, probably.

What makes it harder is that Hyunjin's and Felix's cars pass by, Hyunjin overtaking after they glance at each other for a second.

So much in that gaze. All Felix really wants is to have Hyunjin back.

It's a red light.

Red light... every car should stop. That's common sense.

And they do.

Every car but one.

It's a white car.

Like that pretty white car Hyunjin drives-

It's a crash.

Hyunjin's driving it. Isn't he?

And just when that happens, it finally hits Felix.

It's Hyunjin. It's his to- would-be, ex-husband.

There's absolutely nothing left to say.

Just those few minutes before court's in sight?

Divorcing is one thing. But divorcing is better than dying...

That's for sure because Felix is frozen, slumping against his car seat and letting out a whimper before sobbing silently.

That was his lover.

It shouldn't have gone down this bad.

Hyunjin doesn't even deserve this fate.

Maybe if Felix wouldn't have been so pushy...

Even signing the papers would be better now.