Chapter 16

Continue...

Target : 1k votes!!

The reception was in full swing when the guests and other family members requested that Aaradhya and Rajveer perform a couple's dance. Aaradhya, though shy, agreed, and the two made their way to the dance floor. All eyes were on them as they began to dance, lost in each other's gaze.

As they moved to the music, Rajveer couldn't shake the flashbacks he was experiencing. Looking into Aaradhya's eyes, he was reminded of his first love, Anamika. Her eyes and lips bore an uncanny resemblance to Anamika's, which made Rajveer suddenly stop dancing.

Everyone was confused by Rajveer's sudden halt, but he quickly gathered himself. Aaradhya, unsure of what was happening, whispered to him, "Are you okay?"

Rajveer took her hands and responded loudly, "I was lost in the enchanting beauty of my wife, I completely zoned out!"

Aaradhya blushed deeply, feeling flattered and also a bit surprised at Rajveer's sudden attention. She wondered why he was being so kind to her, given that theirs was a marriage of convenience.

Rajveer then announced in front of everyone, "If I continue to dance with her, she will attract too much attention due to her beauty!" His words made Aaradhya smile, but she still didn't fully understand his behavior.

Just then, Priya suggested that they continue with a group dance, including the other couples—Shourya and Meera, Rajveer and Aaradhya, Kavya and Karthik. As they danced, Meera's attention was fixed on Rajveer, which made Shourya uncomfortable. He tried to control his irritation.

During the dance, Meera attempted to get closer to Rajveer, and Aaradhya noticed her intentions. When Meera was about to take Rajveer's hand, Aaradhya swiftly pulled Rajveer close to her, almost embracing him.

Rajveer was both confused and surprised by Aaradhya's sudden movement, not entirely understanding the situation between Meera and Aaradhya. Nonetheless, Aaradhya's protective gesture left Rajveer feeling a bit warm.

Kavya and Karthik watched the scene unfold and couldn't help but notice Rajveer's controlled blush. It was clear to them that something was going on between Aaradhya, Rajveer, and Meera.

As the dance continued, Meera's jealousy became evident, but Aaradhya was determined to keep Rajveer close and Meera at a distance.

After the reception, the scene shifts to the dining area where only family members and close relatives remain. A relative comments to Maya,
"Look at your daughter-in-law! She looks like a goddess. How lucky you are to have sons who are popular in Rajasthan! One of them, Rajveer, is known as the top businessman, and the other is the owner of a food factory! And now, the most beautiful daughter-in-law!"

Maya gives a forced smile, clearly not happy with the praise Aaradhya is receiving. "Oh, yeah!" she responds, trying to hide her true feelings.

Meera, unable to keep her bitterness in check, interrupts, "Lucky? Just wait and see the bad luck Aaradhya will bring to the Chauhan family."

The relatives seem taken aback by Meera's bold statement. One of them asks, "Who's this girl?"

Meera replies, "His ex-fiancée." The relatives begin to gossip.

Rajveer, hearing this quickly interrupts, "It was never a mutual arrangement, so I ended it. Now, I am officially married to Aaradhya, and I will not tolerate any disrespect toward my wife!"

The room goes silent, and a tense atmosphere settles over the dining area. Aaradhya feels uneasy, as she has never experienced such an environment before.