Chapter 40: New Enemies

Start from the beginning

We'd cleaned out this location and loaded everything into the back of our Vehicle. We let Larry and the guys take half the haul because it's hard to scavenge stuff. Though, we got incredibly lucky on this run and walked into a fully stocked store.
"So, ya get anythin' good Firecracker?" Merle asked, but to who he was talking to, I wasn't sure, maybe he'd finally lost his mind and made up an imaginary friend?
"Oh come on Sweet heart, don't go cold on me now, I pulled a great haul, Ammo, Food, Water And Fuel!" Merle groaned and I raised an eyebrow at him as the Four of us climbed into the Vehicle.
"I wasn't sure who the hell you were talking to Merle, sorry. I'd say It was a great Run, bottles, Formula, blankets, Womenly stuff and Menly stuff too." I laughed as I got comfortable in the seat behind Daryl.
"Well, it's yer new Nickname, cause you get any real quick, like  a Firecracker." He chuckled and I smirked.
Usually, my only reply to Merle is eye rolling, but now it's smirking because he's pretty funny, of course, without meaning to be funny.
"Hey, you guys doing all right back there?" I asked them over rather radio that kept us in contact with Larry and the rest of the Guys.
"Always doin' fine when your around Sweet Pea, how's Dare doin' gettin' heat stroke from bein' 'round ya yet?" Caleb teased Daryl, his southern accent very strong and I snorted.

When we were nearing The National Guards camp, Dare suddenly pulled to the side and I could feel that something wasn't right, because the hairs on the back of my neck stood up in alarm.
"Somethin' ain't right, we're goin' on foot from here, but we camouflage our vehicles so no one finds them." Daryl told us, when Gunfire went off and I went flying out of the vehicle.
With all three of them Hot on my heels, I wasn't stupid, I wasn't going to go out there willy-nilly, but I needed to see what hell was up with the Gunfire and if my Friends-more like Brothers- were all right.

The Nine of us were in the bushes, hidden from these psycho's eyesight and when I finally had a clear view, I wanted to cry out and try to help them, but clearly there wasn't anything we could do.
I watched in horror as they killed our Friends and Daryl held me by my waist to keep me from running out there and kill those bastards for doing what they did.
I was thankful for Daryl holding me back, because with the enemy having almost all Of our friends guns, Ammo and Vehicles, we would be easy pickings for them.
I wanted to Vomit, Scream, Kill and cry at the same time. Daryl held me close as Silent sobs wracked my body and I covered my mouth, so we wouldn't get caught.
"Take whatever is here, kill any other living people and we head back with all this. We need it more then they do." A ugly white guy commanded to his men and Daryl pulled die to his chest, as we watched them scavenge stuff off of our friends.
"Damn it! Fuck it all ta hell, Blake was ta trusting!" Caleb whispered and punched the ground.
This had to be horrible for them to watch, their brothers were killed and we couldn't do anything about it because there were just to many of them.
"They've killed them...Kevin, Blake, George, Patrick, Nick and more than likely Welles! They're NOT getting away with this!" I harshly whispered and shook my head, trying to will myself to stop crying.
"All we can do right now, is wait Firecracker, if we go out there guns blazing, they'll kill us like they killed them." Merle groaned and rubbed a hand over his head.
"Think about this logically Des, it's Nine against...roughly about 15-20 guys, they have all the Ammo and the Weapons, needed to kill anything or anyone." Michone didn't take her eyes off of the Men that killed only half of The National Guard, for what seems like no reason.
"Fine, we can't let them walk away from this, we have to Follow them. Then, come back for the Vehicles, We need to figure out exactly where they stay and if they're an immediate threat to Our Group or not." I moaned, while I sagged against Daryl's chest and he kissed my temple.
"Damn it...all righ', but we don' kill anyone yet, Ya hear me Des, No Revenge, Yet. We jus' gotta see what kinda threat they pose and report it right back to Rick." Daryl sighed and nuzzle his face into my neck.
"Don't worry Princess, they aren't gettin' away with this, those were our Brothers!" Robert Growled as we all waited for these scum bags to leave and lead us to their camp.
It was of little comfort, but it was better then thinking that Kevin, Blake, Patrick, Nick, George and maybe even Welles, died in Vane.

All Nine of us sat in the bushes, outside of a Town called 'Woodbury', hidden from the people that Patroled from ontop of a Wall.
We couldn't be noticed by them, because they took out Half of the National Guard, meaning they have their Weapons, Ammo and vehicles, one of those vehicles even has a Turret on it, so we'd be up shits Creek without a Paddle.
The People Cheered as The Guy and his Men pulled in with Stolen Vehicles, do they not know that Sound attracts Walkers?
"Governor! Governor! Governor!" The people of his screwed up town Cheered for him and I scoffed. So he's the kind of guy that needs to feel Important, he must've been a Weakling before all this happened.
"-We didn't want to kill them, they just started opening Fire on us and we were forced to defend ourselves." That lying piece of shit paused, while everyone Cheered for him, like he was some hero or some shit.
It took everything in me not to throw a Grenade in there- better yet a Horde of Walkers- but we were here to gather as much Intel as we could and report it back to Rick. So, me killing them wouldn't do us, or the group any good, No matter how good it'd make me Feel.
"However, we were able to scavenge whatever they had and now the town should be safe for it!" He spoke loud and proud, as if he hadn't killed innocent people for his own gain.
"That lying piece of Shit! They would've NEVER opened fire on them, unless They started it!" I growled, in barely contained anger, while Daryl also looked pissed as he bit his nails.
"Governor! Governor! Governor!" His people Cheered for him, as if he'd said he'd found a cure for Becoming a Walker and I listened to them in disgust, we couldn't kill all of them soon enough.
"Blake must've said that they were all that was left of the National Guard, we may have a chance to make this right. They don't know that there are still Five of you guys." I babbled excitedly, knowing this was exactly what we needed to win the town over and convince them that Their 'Governor' was fucked up.
"Your right, We gotta tell Rick, this place isn't somewhere we should let stand." Michone whispered and I couldn't agree more with her, messed up place needed to be destroyed.
"All right, lets head on back, we know that they are a threat, we have to report this to Rick." Adam sighed as he slowly and Stealthy made his way back the way we came.
Of course we all cautiously followed after him, but not without me giving Woodbury one last glance and promising Revenge.
Not the quick kind either, I want 'the Governor' to suffer, he'll die a slow painful Death and I'll enjoy every moment of it, knowing that he'll be dead, but in lost of pain before he finally dies.
Daryl softly shoved me forward and I followed behind Merle. Still thinking about how I was going to kill 'The Governor', also how we'd take over Woodbury and reform them.
By the time we would be back at the Prison, it'd be Very late, it's already getting dark, we still had to make the walk back to our Vehicles and I'm sure everyone was worried about us being gone as long as we were.