Family -and Friend- Issues

Start from the beginning

Daniel looked at everyone else gathered here.
Almost all of them had lost interest in the conversation that he and Charlotte were having and instead found themselves in their own little worlds.

Apart from Kori who was still besides Charlotte, and Blue who was on the sidelines but paying attention, it was clear that everyone else wanted to make up and spend time with the dragons they had recently met.

'There's no point doing the mission now if everyone's so distracted... But then again it's not like we have a lot of time here...' Daniel thought as his face fell to one that's rather grim.

Since it was obvious nobody was up for the mission at the moment, there wasn't any point for him being there since although he did admit that it was nice seeing Charlotte again, he was in no mood to talk to her anymore than he already was.

Charlotte was still looking at him, waiting for an answer to her somewhat sincere apology.

Daniel dug his claws into the ground below him angrily as he looked at his sister.
No matter how hard he tried... He couldn't... He just couldn't find a reason to not be mad, after everything she did...

So in response he looked Charlotte in the eyes coldy before simply saying:
"Good day to you" in a somewhat disgusted tone, very obviously not accepting her apology before taking off into the air.

"Daniel!" He heard Charlotte call out to him but didn't look back, instead tucking in his legs to fly faster and let the sound of whipping wind drown out any shouts that could be heard prior.

Daniel made his way through the air, flying out across the top of the trees, ensuring that he was well out of sight from the rest of the group before circling around and eventually landing back into the Leafsilk kingdom.

From there -With some difficulty- Daniel made his way back to the 'Healing hut' as he decided to call it, where Cricket was still being held.

The moist dirt and waves squished under Daniels' talons as he walked.
The forecast above gave hints of a potential thunderstorm later on tonight or maybe even earlier. A few wet raindrops fell from above and onto the ground, watering the plants around him.

As he entered the spacious hut to escape the soon to be rainstorm for the time being, Daniel found himself alone with the still sound asleep Cricket.
She looked much better than before and was resting peacefully, even slightly smiling as she did so.
It wouldn't be long until she eventually woke up.

Daniel took a seat on the ground inside the hut which was surprisingly close to bone dry and covered in crunchy dead leaves.
It was messy but gave a somewhat nice and comfortable texture and atmosphere to lay down on.

The hut still held strong with the moss covered log walls.
Though what Daniel found intriguing was the roof of the hut.
He didn't know how it worked but the leaves seemed to be arranged in such a way that water effortlessly ran off without leaking into the hut.

Daniel couldn't seem to find any sort of support apart from the initial walls for the hut.
It seemed that the roof was completely made up of neatly woven and carefully placed leaves without the need of anything else.

Daniel laughed to himself
'Heh... Impressive... I wonder if Willow knows any weaving?' He thought but soon dismissed the idea.
'No, of course she probably doesn't, Weaving is a Silkwing thing after all'

Daniel let out a deep breath as he finally felt himself relax and have some alone time for the first time in what felt like a while.

Daniel closed his eyes for what felt like a few moments, he was tired, extremely tired yet not enough to sleep.
Just a small rest on the ground would do for now.