Taking The Leap

The group returned to the mountain about two days ago.
The light of dawn had just began to show itself when they all made it back to the cave.

Luckily Willow was still asleep and they were able to hide all of their belongings and get about an hour of sleep in before the noise from students outside woke them up.

The days went past as usual with their classes, though running on an hour of sleep was doing a number on them for a little while.

However what got everyone excited was that today was supposedly the day that the stealth team would be returning from Pantala.

The Jade Winglet sat excitedly in their cave as they awaited their two missing winglet members since Sunny still wasn't allowing them to leave ever since the queens got Turtles' message.

Daniel laughed a little as he thought back to it.
'They didn't know what it meant, at least not yet since I'm pretty sure that a message about the massacre hasn't been sent yet and if it has it hasn't reached them so it's probably being sent to them at this moment.'

Daniel also remembered that he had instructed Flame to keep an eye on the queens for them, he spoke with him after they received Turtles message.

Flame said that the queens still have no idea who or what the groups' plans were which was a good sign.
The message was supposedly written in Blood on the wall of the school, however they learned it was enchanted as after they had read it aloud as it started disappearing.

Afterwards the queens didn't really do much except panic at which point Flame had to run as to not get caught by them since they were unknowingly approaching his hiding spot.

Daniel nodded and he congratulated Flame by his codename 'Crimson,' told him to lay low for a little while insuring him that he'd helped tremendously.

Flame nodded with a somewhat cheerful smile however he did ask one question.

"Reaper, Would I be able to meet the rest of the Heathens any time soon?"
He sounded genuinely curious and to that Daniel smiled.

"You already have, you just don't know it yet" he answered.
Flame gave him a puzzled look but didn't question his words.

Flame left shortly after as so did Daniel as he snuck back to the Jade Winglet sleeping cave just before they all woke up from their not so deep of a sleep.

Which was to say that he had good luck as they started to wake up just as he put away his cloak.

That was all about half an hour ago, in the present moment Daniel finally snapped out of his thoughts when his ears perked at the sound of incoming talonsteps.

Soon the entire cave gleamed as Qibli and Moon emerged, completely safe and alright.

"MOON!" Kinkajou squealed happily as she ran up to her, wrapping her within her small wings.

"Woah hey! Give me a break I just got back" She said playfully with a smile to which Kinkajou understood and let her go.
Meanwhile Winter and Qibli were doing their usual banter greeting.

"Hey sand snorter!" Winter called. "Glad to see you're alright!"

Qibli smiled.
"Sup' Snow sniffer, hopefully I didn't miss much"
He replied to which Turtle chuckled a little.
"You'd be surprised"

This made him raise a brow but before he could answer another head popped into view.

"Hey, have you guys seen-" A dragon suddenly called but was soon cut off.

"SUNDEW!" Willow called as she ran into her girlfriends arms happily.
The battle hardened Leafwing didn't see it coming and by the time she did she was already in a tight embrace.