chapter 15 :- Threads

Alestor's POV :-

"Rose, we need to talk. Something's off, and I can't shake this feeling."
I asked to her. She seemed disturbed since morning.
I can't help this feeling.
I know that she can handle whatever came in her way, but that doesn't mean she need to handle it on her own.
What I'm here for then?

I want to know what's disturbing My shining star.

Yes. my shining star.

The star which shows me light of hope in my darkness.

And i never wanted to came out of that darkness if it means that I can gaze at her through all the night of my life.

I don't need any sun. Any morning. Any other Light. Because I have her.

People often said they await the new day for a new journey,

But here I'm with a different case.

I wait for my shining star to shine in the darkness of mine.
Here she's my journey. Doesn't matter old or new.
She is my aim for which I'll chose my path.

Even if I reached my destination, I'd never stop walking on the path that leads to her.

"Just a rough night. Don't worry about it," she replied, her words lacking the usual conviction.
And a Fake smile.

Lie. Definately she's hiding something from me.

You forget, My shining star,
I can read through you.

I tilted my head while looking at her.
Deep into her eyes, i locked my gaze.
"Are you sure?"

And this statement of mine affected her. I can see it in her eyes.
Now it's confirmed.

It's okay, Rose. If you don't want to tell me, then you don't have to.

I have my ways to find the things out.
And you won't even realize that I know. And trust me I'll know soon.

They call me the shadow of your dad for a reason, sweetie.

"By the way, that watch is Harry's" I said.
I did investigate. Or stalked?
Or dug through the past and haunted it down?.
Who knows...?

Well, I know.

"Harry's?" She questioned.
The look on her face says that she's eager to know. Eager to react.

"He was your childhood classmate." I said.
The picture of Small rose came in front of my eyes. Cute little rose. With shiny innocent eyes. Her long silky hair was parted in two cute braids.
Wearing black little frock. She used to love black. So do I, but after the colour of her eyes.
Brown.
So ordinary yet so captivating.
I used to love her eyes since childhood. And now, I'm obsessed with them.

"And?. I can't remember." Her voice interrupted my thoughts.
How can she remember?.
After that car accident, she forced her mind to remember that accident and everything related to it and her mind failed to conserve other precious memories.
But she remembered me.
And I was on cloud nine after knowing that.

"His real name is Harry Carter. His mother passed away while giving birth to him. And his father......"

"Father?"

Murdered by you, sweetheart.
When you were just eight years old.

But if you know it now, you'll regret it. And I don't want you to regret. Because you did nothing wrong. Even if you did, I'm not going to let you feel regret about it.

"His father is dead too. After that, buisness Tycoon Mr. Lancaster adopted him from the orphanage. Since then his name is Harry Lancaster."

Rose's eyes widened in disbelief, her expression a mixture of surprise and nostalgia.
"He is that little Harry!!! How did you find out that much?"
Her voice held a hint of wonder, as if she couldn't fathom how I unraveled the threads of Harry's past.

"I have my own ways, My shining star."
Her eyes light up when i called her 'my shining star'. I wonder did she recalled our childhood memory in which i once told her that she is like a shining star.

Even if she didn't. Doesn't matter I'll call her that from now on. I don't want to hold back any more.

I still remember like yesterday. When George brought me to her parents.

As a 10 year old child, i had witnessed traumatic events more than my will.

Starting days, i remained quite and depressed, but slowly, with Rose being near me, i recovered.

She taught me what childhood life exactly is.

Her innocence taught me how to live.

Flashback

It was a warm summer evening, the kind where the sky was painted in hues of orange and pink, and the air was filled with the gentle hum of cicadas. Rose and I were sitting on the grassy hill behind our neighborhood, watching the sun dip below the horizon.

Rose was only eight years old, with her long hair tied up in two cute braids that swayed with every movement. Her eyes, brown like the richest chocolate, shone with innocence and curiosity. She had always been my constant companion, my partner in crime in every childhood adventure.

As we lay there, gazing at the stars beginning to twinkle in the night sky, I felt compelled to share something with her. I turned to her, a smile playing on my lips. "You know, Rose," I began, "you're just like a shining star."

She looked at me, her eyes wide with wonder. "A shining star? What do you mean, Asher?"
She ends up calling me Asher everytime, because Alestor was so tough for her to say. It was quite funny.

I pointed up at the sky, where a particularly bright star was gleaming. "See that star up there? It's the brightest one in the sky, just like you. You light up my world, Rose. Whenever I'm with you, everything feels brighter, happier."

Rose's face lit up with a radiant smile, and for a moment, it felt like the entire universe revolved around us. "Really, Asher? Do you really think I'm like a shining star?"

I nodded emphatically, reaching out to ruffle her hair affectionately. "Absolutely, Rose. You're my shining star, guiding me through the darkness, showing me the way."

From that day on, "shining star" became an special nickname for her, a reminder of the bond we shared and the light she brought into my life. And as we lay there, basking in the warmth of each other's company, I knew that nothing could ever dim the brilliance of my shining star.

Flashback ends.