48. Plannings

"Krishna, Devashree, you must come quickly. It's Gurudev Sandipani and Gurumata Sumukhi Devi, they have come to Dwarka under distressing circumstances," Balram announced, his voice laden with concern.

The mention of their revered gurus instantly shifted the atmosphere.

Krishna and Devashree exchanged a glance of worry and hastened their steps to the throne room.

Upon entering, they saw Rishi Sandipani and his wife, Sumukhi Devi, who looked visibly distraught. The sight of their gurus in such a state tugged at their hearts.

"Pranam, Gurudev, Gurumaa," Krishna and Devashree chorused as they approached, bowing deeply in respect.

Before they could inquire further, Sumukhi Devi stepped forward, her voice trembling as tears streaked down her cheeks.

"Oh, my children, it is our son, Saudasi... he has disappeared by the ocean near Prabhasa. We are desperate. Please, you must help us find him. This is our gurudakshina we ask of you," she pleaded, her hands clasped together as if holding onto the last shred of hope.

Devashree immediately moved to comfort her, gently taking Sumukhi Devi's hands into her own.

"Please tell us everything, Gurumaa. We will do whatever it takes to bring Saudasi back."

Rishi Sandipani took a deep breath before explaining.

"He was last seen playing near the shore when a storm arose suddenly. After the storm, he was gone. None of the other children saw where he went, only that he had been curious about something he saw in the water."

"We will leave no stone unturned, Gurudev. Dau and I, along with Devashree, will go to Prabhasa and begin the search immediately. Your son will be found, you have my word." Krishna's resolve hardened his voice firm with determination.

Balram nodded in agreement, his usual jovial demeanor replaced by one of seriousness.

"We'll organize a search party and start at first light. The coast of Prabhasa is vast, but we are determined and will find Saudasi."

Sumukhi Devi looked at each of them, her eyes filling with tears of gratitude.

"Thank you, my dear children. Knowing he is in your hands gives us some comfort."

With the blessings of their gurus and a heavy task ahead, Krishna, Devashree, and Balram prepared for their journey to Prabhasa.

Upon arriving at the storm-swept coast of Prabhasa, Krishna, Balram, and Devashree immediately sensed the lingering unease in the air.

The shores were scattered with driftwood and the debris of the recent storm bore silent witness to the chaos that had transpired.

"Tell us more about what you saw during the storm." Balram spoke to the villagers, his tone was authoritative yet comforting.

An elderly fisherman stepped forward, his face lined with the worries of the sea.

"It was like no storm we've ever seen, my lords. And there was something else-lights beneath the waves, not like the bioluminescence we sometimes see, but more ominous. And a shadow, large and moving swiftly beneath the water's surface."

Devashree exchanged a glance with Krishna, her intuition alert to the supernatural.

"Could it be the work of an asur?" she whispered to Krishna.

Krishna nodded slowly, his eyes narrowing as he pieced together the villagers' accounts with the ancient lore known to him.

"It sounds like Shankhasura," he murmured a name that brought a chill to the air. "An asur known to dwell in the depths, one who harbors resentment towards the surface world."