22. Onset of Danger

Devashree's heart was set on mastering the 64 kalas, the revered art forms that were believed to encapsulate the essence of life and enlightenment. 

On the same day, in the evening hours, she approached her Gurumaa, known for her profound understanding of the kalas and their applications in daily life.

"Pranipat, Gurumaa. I am ready to delve deeper into the ocean of 64 kalas. How shall I navigate this journey?" She asked Sumukhi Devi, not knowing where to start.

Devi Sumukhi gave her a gentle smile, the corners of her eyes crinkling. "Your quest for knowledge is like the sacred river that seeks the embrace of the ocean-it is both noble and daunting. The 64 kalas are not merely art forms, they are the threads that weave the fabric of our dharma, our way of life. Begin with the understanding that mastery comes not from conquering each art but from allowing them to shape your being."

"I understand, Gurumaa, yet, where do I start? What should I do first?" Asked Devashree, her voice a mixture of her emotions, curious and excited.

"Start with the art that speaks to your heart the loudest, for passion is the fuel of mastery. The kalas range from music, dance, and painting to the science of strategy, cooking, and even the mystic arts. Each one is a world in itself, offering lessons that transcend the apparent skills. Let your intuition guide you; your heart's calling is the universe whispering its secrets to you."

"Music has always stirred my soul, Gurumaa. The earliest memory I remember is that of the beautiful melody of a flute." Devashree confided in her teacher.

"Ah, music, the divine art that harmonizes the chaos of the cosmos. Begin there, Devashree."

"Yes, Gurumaa, I will learn the Veena first," Devashree said excitedly.

"No, no, learn the flute first," said Gurumaa. There was a strange kind of tilt to her tone as if she knew something very particular about the said art.

"Why not the Veena first, Gurumaa?"

"Learn the flute first; didn't you say it was the first thing you heard, and then the Veena, let your fingers dance upon its strings. As you master the art of music, you will find it easier to attune yourself to the rhythms of the other kalas."

"And what of the other arts, Gurumaa? How should I learn without losing my way?"

"Each kala you learn will light the path to the next. From music, you may find a bridge to dance, as rhythm is their common soul. From there, you might find curiosity leading you to paint, where color and form will teach you about perspective, detail, and expression."

"It seems like a journey without an end, Gurumaa. How will I know when I have achieved mastery?"

"True mastery, Devashree, is realizing that learning is an eternal journey. With each art form you master, you will discover deeper layers, not just within the kala, but within yourself. The day you see every aspect of life as a canvas for the application of your arts, you will have achieved true mastery."

"I am grateful for your guidance, Gurumaa. I step onto this path with humility and the hope that I may one day acquire the essence of the 64 kalas." Devashree said it with confidence and determination shining in her big lotus petals eyes.

"With dedication and patience, you will, Devashree  but remember, the journey of learning is like the flow of a river-constant, yet ever-changing."

As Devashree bowed and left her guru's presence, her heart was alight with determination and a newfound clarity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krishna and Balram stumbled upon a gathering of villagers outside Nand Maharaj's abode. Their voices, laden with worry and distress, caught Krishna's attention.