GeorgeXReader

(Requested by @LaraVanDeBeck)

(Y/n's P.O.V)

I'm finally home for Christmas!!! Hi, I'm Y/n! I'm in my seventh year at Hogwarts alongside my best friends, Fred and George. This year at Hogwarts is slightly different from the others; this Toad has invaded the school. She makes school unbearable.

I was glad to escape it and get back to Grimmuld's place. I had many homes at this point, but Grimmuld Place was my favorite... well, now that Hogwarts is hell. I had my room and space, but the Weasley's were still there. I loved hanging out with the Weasley clan. They had become my family.

My mother had died during childbirth, and my muggle father abandoned me soon after, so Uncle Sirius took me in. Then, he was locked up in prison when I was five years old; I was sent to a muggle orphanage till I started at Hogwarts.

Molly pulled some strings to get me out of the orphanage when I was twelve, and I lived with the Weasleys till my uncle escaped two years ago. I bounce between Grimmuld Place, the Burrow and Uncle Remus's house.

"Uncle Sirius???" I called as I walked in.

I've been at Uncle Remus's place for the last couple of days, helping him recover from the previous full moon, so everyone else had been back here for a few days already.

Fred and George suddenly appeared behind me, scaring the living daylights out of me.

"Argh!!! BOYS!!!!" I screamed as I swatted them away.

"There's no point in yelling out at Sirus. We haven't seen him or Harry all morning," Fred told me.

Yes, I can tell them apart. It's not hard! Usually, Fred calls all the girls love, but George is slightly more shy and always has a bright red blush on his cheeks. Fred and I have teased him about it several times.

"That's odd?? Have you checked in with Buckbeak?" I asked as I started walking in and heading for the stairs.

"Well, no, but Harris was up there earlier. He doesn't recall seeing either of them." George explained as they followed me upstairs.

"Maybe Uncle Sirius dragged Harry into a prank. We may as well check he won't stay hiding if he knows I'm here." I say, starting to run up the stairs.

"There is a faster way to do this!!!!" Fred huffed as we reached another set of stairs.

"But If they are in another room, we wouldn't be able to check each room as we go!!!" I say, opening the door next to me before taking the stairs two at a time.

"We could just skip the stairs!" Fred continued to complain.

"And waste time starting and stopping???" I say, slightly out of breath.

We finally made it to the top. I called out for my Uncle but still had not received a reply. I couldn't find him anywhere. Eventually, I ran into Molly.

"Molly, have you seen Uncle Sirius?" I asked, getting worried.

"No, I thought he went to pick you up!" Molly raised her eyebrow.

"Nope! The boys said they haven't seen Harry either." I told her I was really worried now. "We have to find them!"

---Half an hour later---

We had wasted a lot of time getting together the Order; we couldn't ask for outside help.

"We need to split up and look for Sirius and Harry," McGonagall suggested.

"George, you and Y/n, you go together; everyone else, I don't care who you pair up with, but groups of two or three." Dumbledore dismissed us.

George and I made our way down the street. There was a playground where the kids in the neighborhood played. Sirius used to take me there all the time. Just behind it was a beautiful field where Sirius, Remus, and I would play, and beyond that was a forest. I was never allowed out there.

As we passed the quiet playground, we saw nothing but the creaking of the swing as the wind blew. With the wind came a chill with the falling snow. A light dusting of snow covered the equipment and ground. Each step crunched under our feet.

"We will find them! Don't worry!" I looked over to George, a light layer of snow dusting his hair.

I stopped as he stood staring at me; I reached up and brushed my fingers through his hair, the snow falling to his shoulders and sliding to the ground.

We stared into each other's eyes until I turned and walked away. He quickly followed after; he put me, pulling me closer and his arm through mine.

The sun started to set as we walked through the field towards the forest, our arms linked and my head on his shoulder, comforted by his presence. The snow fell around us, a picture-perfect moment shrouded by worried fear...