[13] Gratitude and Contrition...

Word count: 1116

In present

The same day

Author's Pov:

In the stillness of time, admist moments of inner contemplation, Y/n sensed a bit of anxiety in Na Eun's eyes. The anxiety that still Y/n haven't forgave her. She wanted to help her late friend. But the past which affected her life made her body petrified. At the time, she wished for her friend's understanding, hoping she'd realize her mistakes. Forgiveness lingered on the horizon, a distant possibility yet to be grasped.

She stepped forward not caring about the consequences. " Hey, back off. She doesn't owe you anything." She said with a cutting edge. "It's none of your business, bitch." She got a reply from one of the aggressor. "Your words say more about you than they do about me." "I don't care. Just get the hell out of here." The aggressor said in hoarse tone. Y/n grabbed a fistful of the Bully's hair making her wince in pain. "Ahhh....Let go off me." She yelled. "Only if you don't disturb her, sweetie."

"I-I w-will not disturb her. Leave me." Y/n left her hair making her groan in pain. She was about to leave when Y/n stretched her leg to make her trip. "Oopies... Sorry... Not sorry." Y/n said while shrugging her shoulders. The bully fell on the ground and checked her knees if she is injured. She began to cry while caressing her invisible wound.

Y/n's Pov:

She was pretending to cry. But it was all crocodile tears. I could tell her sobbing was insincere; it was nothing but theatricality. I saw her crying while looking behind me. I can sense someone was standing behind me. Na Eun rolled her eyes in annoyance while I saw her face was covered with tear marks. She must cried earlier, I guess. I turned around to spot our principal, Mr. Kang glaring at me with his cold eyes. " Kim Y/n. To my office. Now."

Shit. I'm doomed. I can sense that doom is coming to me and asking," Doom at your service. What can I do for you, mam." Why do I have to help her in the first place? Now I regret my decisions. I followed him as he walked over to his office. He went inside the office and sat in his seat as I entered the office with my head lowered. "Mr. Kang, I can expl..." "Thank you so much for saving my daughter out there."

What??? I looked at him with a confused face when he started to talk again."Yeah. Na Eun is my daughter. She is my whole world. I can do anything to make her smile. We were very close at first." "What happened, sir?" I asked him with a concerned tone.

"But things weren't the same between me and Na Eun's mom. I wanted to work more to make them happy. I worked more that I rarely spend time with them. Na Eun and her mom did not like me being a workaholic."

He added, "But they did not understand that all I did was for their future. We started to fight more that led us to get divorce. But I didn't expect Na Eun to leave me for her mother. She started hating me more."

He continued, "And fortunately Na Eun joined this college and I got more time to check up on her. But you know I couldn't just watch her all the time. I saw students bullying her."

"And I was standing there helplessly as Na Eun would be more mad at me if I scold or punish them. But today I saw you helping her. Thank you,Y/n." and he held my hands in his while thanking me.

I didn't know the strict and bragging principal of us would be a kind and caring father. I'm not sure how he would feel right now. But I can say that it's really difficult to live away from your beloved ones. I felt it.

"Can you look after her? I can't just roam around her everytime. People might get suspicious. And don't tell Na Eun about this. She'll be mad at me." He said with a little smile on his face.

I saw a sense of hope and trust in his eyes. I can't break his trust. But I can't forgive her either. I know I helped her but that doesn't mean I forgive her fully. I nodded to Mr.Kang so that he won't get confused by my sudden absense of mind. I bowed to him and left the office.

"Hey..." A sudden voice echoed in the empty hallway which sounded creepy to me. But then I saw Na Eun standing beside me." You scared the shit out of me." "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. And I'm sorry for getting caught by the principal. You shouldn't have helped me." "It's fine. He didn't scold me.. He just.... He gave me a warning." I said which was half truth and half lie. "I'm sorry, Y/n." She conveyed again. "I told you. It's.."

"No. Not for this. For what I did. Two years ago." She said. This girl. I just hate her now. How dare she apologise after this many years? Did she think I will forgive her?

I didn't speak anything. I just stood there like a statue. "I'm really sorry, Y/n. It was a misunderstanding." "I'm not ready to hear any thing, Na Eun. I helped you because I hate bullies and bullying. That's it. It has nothing to do with our relationship." I said sternly.

"I said I'm sorry. Can't you give another chance?" She said in her repentant tone. "No. I'm not ready to forgive you... Yet." I said while emphasising the last word and turned my head to the other side. "Pls. Pls,
Y/n. I'll do anything to gain our friendship back." She said as I saw a sense of hope gleaming in her eyes. "Anything?" I asked her. "Yeah. Anything." She said boldly. "Then stand in front of the university gate for a whole day." I said with a small smirk in my face. She was not shocked. Instead she was confused. "But... I can't skip my classes."

"I don't think you'll have any classes in Sunday." I claimed as my smirk grew harder. And now I see it. The shock in her face. "Only from 6.00 am to 6.00pm." I said while maintaining the smirk. "Okay." She said which made me confused. Is she that desperate for my friendship?

Hey guys...

Hope you like this chapter.

*******

Do vote and comment your opinions.

STAY TUNED 💜❤️💜❤️......