He recovered quickly from my former statement and his expression turned serious. "What happened?"

"The previous agency I had hired for cyber security leaked some of my data which cost me a lot. I was looking for a new company and since you merged with Dante's I think it will be best if I take in the whole package that you guys offer."

"We're not taking money from you, Ruth-" Dante spoke like it was common knowledge.

"His work, his choice, Dante," I replied a little too quickly. I snapped my head back to Christian to see what he had to say.

"If you and Dante are close then I really cannot accept your money-" Christian offered.

"Let's discuss this tomorrow. Over dinner. I'll send you the details." I cut him off in the middle.

"Why do you guys need to go on a dinner to discuss that?" Dante asked me, raising a teasing eyebrow. He was internally laughing over my attempts at asking Christian out.

Christian silently looked at me, waiting for me to answer. Our eyes met and I prayed for some sort of silent conversation that took place between two people from their eyes.

His eyes glistened brightly and a hopeful smile curved over his lips. He knew what I was doing very well, he just didn't want to risk his relationship with Dante by accepting my invitation.

Something in my eyes must've told him that he was in clear, or maybe it was the expression of relaxation on Dante's face because the next words coming out his mouth were something along the lines of, "I'll send you the time and location," I wouldn't know for sure, because I was too busy staring into his eyes.

"Thanks..." I muttered, suddenly very much aware of the fact that I had been staring blatantly.

"Mind if I get your number?" the nervousness was evident in his voice.

"Sure..." Emily wrote it for me on a piece of paper and handed it to him. I checked once to see for sure that it was my personal number.

We paused for a second, not knowing what to say or do. "Ruth, a word?" came Caeser's voice from the end of the table. My head snapped in his direction, glad to have a reason to get away from the awkwardness brewing.

Without sparing another glance towards Christian I skipped towards Caeser. "So what can I help you with?"

"Outside, Diaz," his voice was commanding, and as much as I enjoyed disobeying him I wordlessly walked outside.

"What happened?" I asked, my nerves still prickling from the conversation with Christian.

"Nothing just wanted to save you from embarrassment," he shrugged before taking off his suit's jacket. "Also, that Diana is Simon's daughter. Might want to lay off her."

"Figures why she got the position," Simon was one of the highest-ranking people in the agency. He was a good man with a multi-million dollar business of wines. Though, that still didn't explain why his daughter indulged in cheap beer. "I think I'll give him a call. It's been a long time since I've talked to him."

"Do that. And that Walker..."

"What about him?"

"Try not to kill him, Diaz. Guy's a genius when it comes to computers."

"I'll try," I gave him a wink before sending in a few workers to clear up the room while Dante drank my booze.

Being a CEO of a company that big was not easy, but my love for fashion made it easy for me even with the lack of degrees in that arena. My company had thousands of outfit designs: some were bought from other smaller companies while some were designed by our own team.