2

As Phayu entered the kitchen, he was greeted by the unexpected presence of not only his fathers, Pete and Vegas, but also Rain's parents, Tharn and Type, who had gathered around the table in hushed conversation. Surprised by their sudden appearance, Phayu paused in the doorway, his curiosity piqued by the somber expressions etched upon their faces.

"Phayu, my boy, come join us," Pete beckoned with a warm smile, gesturing for Phayu to take a seat at the table. Vegas nodded in agreement, his eyes reflecting a mixture of concern and intrigue.

Taking a seat opposite Pete and Vegas, Phayu couldn't help but notice the tension that hung in the air like a heavy fog. Sensing the need to break the silence, he cleared his throat, addressing his fathers and Rain's parents with a tentative smile.

"Is everything alright?" Phayu inquired, his gaze shifting from one concerned face to another. Pete and Vegas exchanged a meaningful glance before Pete spoke up, his tone laced with apprehension.

"We received a call from Tharn and Type earlier this morning," Pete began, his voice tinged with concern. "They mentioned that Rain had a particularly rough night, and we thought it best to come over and check on him."

Phayu's heart clenched at the mention of Rain's troubled sleep, his mind racing with worry for his beloved. Turning to Tharn and Type, he offered them a grateful nod, his appreciation evident in his expression.

"Thank you for letting us know," Phayu said sincerely, his voice soft with emotion. "Rain means the world to me, and I hate to see him suffer."

Tharn and Type exchanged a knowing glance, their shared concern for Rain binding them together in solidarity. Type reached out to clasp Phayu's hand in a reassuring gesture, his eyes filled with understanding.

"We understand, Phayu," Type replied, his voice gentle yet firm. "Rain is lucky to have someone like you by his side."

The words struck a chord within Phayu, filling him with a sense of gratitude for the unwavering support of his family. Before he could respond, however, the sound of footsteps descending the stairs drew everyone's attention.

"Pa, Dad," Rain's voice called out from the hallway, his presence bringing a sense of warmth and reassurance to the room.

Turning towards the doorway, Phayu's heart skipped a beat as Rain entered the kitchen, his tousled hair and sleepy eyes betraying the lingering remnants of his troubled dreams. Rising from his seat, Phayu crossed the room in a few quick strides, enveloping Rain in a tight embrace.

"Hey there, sleepyhead," Phayu murmured, pressing a tender kiss to Rain's forehead. "Are you feeling any better?"

Rain nodded against Phayu's chest, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he leaned into the comforting embrace.

"I am now," Rain replied softly, his voice filled with gratitude. "Thanks to you."

As Phayu held Rain close, surrounded by the love and support of their family, he knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, united in their unwavering devotion to each other.