Chapter Fifteen - Mount Natagumo

M/n sighed as he looked at the sky, thinking about everything that happened.

'Can I really protect Tanjiro and Nezuko?'
M/n went back into the room and watched as Zenitsu chased Tanjiro and Nezuko with flowers around him.

'I'm raising children'
M/n sat down against the wall, which made Nezuko go to him and sit beside him. He smiled and patted her head as she laid her head on his shoulder.

'Maybe it's not so bad after all'

Soon the group was told about their next mission, at Mount Natagumo. So the four (five) started to head off to the location, however after the old lady had blessed them Inosuke was being rude again. He didn't understand the reason for a blessing or why the woman would do such a thing. As the two brothers were not in the mood to deal with Inosuke, they started running faster. It wasn't long before they had reached the mountain, the sun had already set and it was night. 

(M/n's pov)
Just as we were about to reach the mountains, Zenitsu started freaking out.

"Please Zenitsu, it's our job as demon slayers to go into places like this"

"Easy for you to say! You're so strong and brave!"
I can't help but sigh at how he's acting, at this point we won't get to the mission. However I can smell blood. so I ran towards it. I saw a boy laying on the ground, he's a demon slayer like us.

"M/n"

"Tanjiro, stay back"
I walked towards the boy but noticed something was off, I quickly cut behind him. He fell into my arms, he was badly injured.

"T-they were attached to me too, please...help the others"
He had blacked out, so I laid him far from the woods.

"Tanjiro, stay out here"

"But-"

"No, it's too dangerous"

"I'm going too, I can't let you do this alone!"

"Fine, just be careful. We don't know what's in here"
Tanjiro, Inosuke and I all ran into the woods, we looked around as we walked deeper into the woods.

"Inosuke"

"Huh?"

"Be careful when in here, I have a feeling something bad might happen"
I placed my hand on his head and smiled.

"So please, make sure to not get hurt"

(Inosuke's pov)
That strange feeling is back, just like with that old hag. But for so reason...I want him to keep doing it.

M/n noticed someone walking around and went towards them, confusing Inosuke.

"Hello, we've come to help"

"I'm Tanjiro Kamado, rank Mizunoto"

"Mizunoto...seriously? Why didn't they send a Hashira? No matter how many Mizunotos they send it won't be enough-"
Inosuke had punched the guy, making the guy explain what happened. He said that ten of the corps showed up here and then out of nowhere they started attacking each other.

(M/n's pov)
"I see"
I stood up and looked around.

"could it be the strings that were attached to that boy from before?"

"S-strings?"

"Yes but now looking at it, I think it's the spiderwebs"
Out of nowhere we started hearing this strange sound.

"That's the sound I heard before the others started killing each other"
Then the bodies of the corps started walking towards us, they looked more like puppets. They started to attack us, but their movement was off.

"I'm going to cut them into pieces!"

"No Inosuke!"

"Huh?"

"Look for the strings on them! It's what's controlling them, you have to cut it!"

"Brother"

"Tanjiro, just look for the strings. Trust me, I saw it on the boy from earlier"
They managed to cut the strings but it seemed more was just attaching. At this point we won't make it far in these woods, we need to find the demon.

"We need to find the demon controlling them, if we don't then it's pointless!"

"Ok, we'll take care of these guys. You just find the demon, brother!"
A shadow appeared and I looked up, there was a boy. He was pale white and had strange hair, he's a demon.

"I won't let you disrupt my family's peaceful life, mother will kill you soon"
I looked at him, I've never seen a child demon.

(Rui's pov)
The one with red hair, he seems different from the other. He might be a nice addition to my family, maybe another older brother for me. I looked at him before leaving, I need to find a way to make him a part of my family. 

(M/n's pov)
That demon kid seemed strange but right now I need to find the demon controlling the others. Inosuke did a breathing style that let him find the demon, which was helpful for us. Now we just need to get to the demon and stop them, but why can't I shake this bad feeling

M/n looked at the moon, as he tried to think as to why he had this bad feeling. Rui looked down over the woods as he stood on some spiderwebs, thinking about how he can get his new brother.