Chapter Three - Two years later

Everyday has been a challenge for Tanjiro as Mr. Urokodaki has been putting him through training. I was given the choice to join but I don't think I would be strong enough. But Mr. Urokodaki convinced me and said that with proper training I'll get better. 

But I have noticed that when I train with Tanjiro the harsh training didn't tire me out. However it was the complete opposite for Tanjiro, The poor boy was having a hard time. So as each day passed we trained with each other, Tanjiro is keeping journeys of Nezuko as well. 

However mine are for both of them as if something was to happen to me they can know what I know. Tanjiro and I have done so much work I actually think we might have a shot at this. I know Tanjiro has been working very hard and I'm proud of him.

As of now Nezuko has been asleep for six months Mr. Urokodaki had brought a doctor to help but they claim she was fine. I fear she may never wake up I'm worried for her. I have also noticed a crow with beads around its neck following me and leaving me flowers. 

I thought it was cute at first but one time I got hurt the crow was scolding me. It flew around me and kept cawing at me I don't know why but it did. But then the next day it had some sweets and gave them to me. 

Tanjiro and I continued to do the training this time coming from even high up the mountain. Mr Urokodaki said to not help Tanjiro and let him work it out himself. That was hard not to do when he almost died a few times. However we've both gotten stronger and better with our swords.

 It's been a year and Mr. Urokodaki said he had nothing left to teach us. He then brought us to a boulder and claimed that Tanjiro had to cut it in order to prove he was ready. He then took me somewhere else and told me that he can sense something different with me. He pulled my arm towards him and cut it only for it to heal.

"I had a feeling when the training was no problem for you"

"What how?"

"There is a story about a demon who fell in love with a human. the two hid from the world and conceived a child. However the demon king found out and tried to force the father to kill the mother and child. But the father warned the mother instead, letting her leave with their child. When he returned to the demon king he told him he had killed them. Then the king killed him as punishment for being with a human"

"What does that have to do with me?"

"It is said that the child of the two was born a half-blood"

"What's that"

"It means the child is both human and demon"

"And you're saying that I'm the child"

"With you not having any problem with the training then just now with you healing yourself I think it's safe to say you're the child"

"No I can't be that would mean I'm not human and would be killed"

"No you are different from other demons"

"I don't know what to think"

"If you are the child you'll have to be extra careful demons will be hunting you"

"And the demon slayer?"

"You are more human than demon I know you won't hurt anyone"
He left after that and I was confused if I was the child that would mean I'm not normal. But things he said does make sense but that would also mean I'm in more danger than before. 

I had found another boulder nearby and tried to cut it like Tanjiro has to. I was able to do it six months later and went to check on Tanjiro. He however failed and wasn't able to do it  but he claims he has been talking to someone. Two kids who were trying to help him cut his rock and help him get stronger. I think all the pressure of training has made he crazy as I have never seen any kids. 

Sabito and Makomo, that was the kids' name he told me it was a girl and boy. Sabito had beaten him up the first day they met. He said that there were others watching or at least that's what Makomo told him. I still fear he's lost it but I didn't let him know that. It was six more months later when I had followed him this time. It seemed he was going to fight someone but there was no one there. He drew his sword and managed to cut his rock I was happy he was able to do it.