Chapter Twelve - Better than marechi blood

"M/n!"

"Tanjiro!!"
I saw a demon and a boar/human? The demon hit a tsuzumi that was attached to him making the room turn. The boar man ran trying to attack him only for the room to turn again. I grabbed Teruko to keep her from getting hurt however I got cut by the boar man's blade.

"Shit"
Tanjiro yelled at the male for being reckless and hurting me.

"What's that?"
The demon looked at me.

"Your blood smells delicious"
I hid Teruko behind me and drew my sword.

"Maybe your blood would work, yes even though it's not marechi but it smells even better"
The demon hit the tsuzumi on his stomach causing claw-like scratches to appear on the ground.

"M/n!"

"Tanjiro watch the girl I'll handle him"

"But M/n"

"Now!"
I handed Tanjiro Teruko then ran towards the demon. He hit the drum turning the room again. I fell and the demon grabbed my leg holding me up.

"Your blood smells better than the marechi blood"
I cut his hand making him drop me and curse out loud. I shielded Tanjiro and Teruko as the room turned again and again. When I went to attack the room changed but this time Tanjiro was with me.

"The room changed again"

"Yeah it's Teruko's brother"

"Huh how do you know?"

"I saw him he was in a room with the drum"
I looked outside and saw a body down the hall.

"Come, let's go"
I walked the opposite way making sure Teruko didn't look back. We came across a room and I opened and saw the boy from earlier.

"Kiyoshi! we found you"
Teruko ran up to her brother and the two hugged.

"Mister thank you!"

"It's no problem, now may I see you injuries please"

"Oh ok"
Kiyoshi showed his wounds and I patched up his leg while Tanjiro asked him questions. Kiyoshi explained how he made it so long, he used the drum from the demon.

"M/n the demon with the drums!?"

"Yes him"

"He said something about marechi"

"Yeah I don't know what it means but the demon called me that!"

"*CAW!* The term marechi comes from someone carrying a rare blood type"
Then Tanjiro's crow started laughing, I smacked the crow.

"Stop that you're scaring the kids"

"What do you mean by rare?"

"In a sense eating a marechi blood type is like eating 100 normal humans"
So if the demon said my blood smelt better than the marechi. he might come after me, I can use that to protect the kids.

"Kiyoshi, you and Teruko stay here and use the drum to keep you two safe. We'll go out an end to the demon ok?"

"O-ok"

"Tanjiro let's go"

"Hai!"
When we walked out the kids hit the drum changing the room. Then we came across the demon and our fight began. He changed the room and we figured out his attacks. Right drum: spins the room right, left drum: spins left, and middle drum: claw attack. He moves were fast, making it hard to stay balanced. Looking at Tanjiro I can see he was in a large amount of pain. I know he was healed a little at lady Tamayo's but he's still in pain. However I might be able to help him, at lady Tamayo's I learned something. I grabbed a flower I had tucked in my hair, I was able to make it where if he wears it he could heal up.

"Tanjiro here"

"Huh a bracelet?"

"It'll help you heal please wear it"

"Ok"
He put it on and the bracelet glowed a light green.

"Thanks M/n, I can feel it helping"

"Good"
However the downside is I feel weak now, but I have to protect everyone. We continued to fight the demon but with his blood demon art, that was hard to do.

"Stop!"

"Huh?"

"Y-you want my blood right?!"

"M/n don't!"

"Your blood does smell better than the marechi, but however I don't know why"

"Indeed my blood is special but if you want to have it let every human leave!"

"M/n please don't do this!"

"Shut up! your yapping is annoying! the chance to have your blood if I release the humans? What makes you think I'll do that? I could just kill you all and please lord Muzan"

"I-I know something that will please him but you have to let the kids and my brother leave unharmed"
Tanjiro was pleading for me to not do this but he's really hurt and needs to get out. And those kids I must protect them and this way is the only way as I'm too weak to fight. I can see the demon thinking about the deal I gave him. As he did I focused my breathing and nicked myself with my sword.

"Blood breathing: Fifth form, Blood vine"
With a swing of my sword, vines grew around the demon wrapping around him. As it cut him I drew blood from him, consuming it. The demon managed to hit the middle drum cutting my vines.

"Arg! you annoying pests! I'll kill you all!!"
He hit the drum fast making it hard to do anything but Tanjiro and I heal just enough to do things.

"Tanjiro watch out!"
I pushed him out of the way of on coming slashes, getting hurt instead.

"M/n!"

"Your blood is making me hungry"
My back was cut but thanks to the demon half, I was able to heal but it really hurts.

"We won't back down you can try to take my blood but I won't let you!"

"We made it this far we're not giving up!"
Tanjiro and I pointed our swords at the demon waiting for the next move.