Chapter One - Bloody snow

Birds chirping and kids running around and I was getting ready to help Tanjiro to go and sell charcoal to the townspeople.

"Thank you for helping M/n"

"It's no problem besides your family took me in when I had no one it's the least I can do"
It was true my mother had passed when I was born and Mr. and Mrs. Kamado took me in. For a while I was the only kid but then when I was three Tanjiro was born. 

"M/n you're part of this family don't worry about it"

"I know but still-"

"Oh Mn dear you don't have to pay it back"

"I know Mrs. Kamado but-"

"No buts dear you are my son and that is all that matters"
Then Hanako and Shigeru ran over to us while Takeo slowly made his way over.

"We want to go to"

"You can't go you know you can't catch up to their pace"

"Oh please Mn I'll help I promise"

"Oh Hanako that's sweet of you but I need you to stay here and look after the baby bird you found"

"Oh ok"
I looked over at Tanjiro who was comforting Shigeru who also wanted to come with us.

"Hey Takeo it's up to you to look after them while we're gone ok and don't forget to chop up as much wood as you can ok"

"Yeah duh I was gonna do that anyways just wanted us to do it together"
He looked away pouting slightly before the others started to tease him. Tanjiro and I started our way to the town when we saw Nezuko with Rokuta on her back asleep.

"Hey guys"

"Hello Nezuko"

"Hey Nezuko"

"I had to put Rokuta down for a nap or else he wouldn't let you two go"
Looking at the young boy on her back I smiled at his sleeping state.

"It seems like everyone always follows you two especially M/n"

"Yeah that's because M/n is the greatest brother there is"

"Stop that I'm not that great"

"Oh M/n you are the greatest brother that's why we all look up to you"

Now the two of us are walking down the mountain to the village. We don't have much but we make due. Since father or Mr. Kamado passed I helped around the house trying to make sure everyone is ok and safe. Sometimes I think about my mom Mrs. Kamado said she was very kind and would have loved me. No one knows my father but Mrs. 

Kamado said he was gone before she knew my mom. Maybe he abandoned her when she found out about me or maybe she ran cause she was scared. I got out of my thoughts as we had made it to the village we walked around asking if anyone wanted any charcoal.

"Oh you two came down here on a day like today"

"It's ok ma'am"