Lucifer - Shadow pt.1

Lucifer x Male! Catboy! Reader!

Thank you for the request

Slight Angst, fluff

***

Being the adopted younger brother of Diavolo was hard. Having to live up to the crown prince's reputation, sucked. Y/n was always in his shadow. No one noticed him, besides Diavolo.

Y/n felt alone, and wished he could've never met Diavolo and Barbatos. He loved Diavolo, and was grateful for everything. But Y/n hated how he was a shadow, but never told Diavolo.

Y/n was walking around the forest of Devildom, late at night. He was around 10 years old. Y/n was a hellcat-demon hybrid. His adopted family had thrown him to the streets, and now he wondered alone.

It had been, what, 7 days since he eaten last?

"Young master, are you sure you want to do this?" Barbatos questioned.

Y/n quickly hid in the bushes, and watched the two.

"I do." Diavolo turned to the bush Y/n hid in, scaring the child.

Y/n tried to run, but was caught quickly and easily.

"I-im sorry! Don't hurt me!!!" Y/n cried.

"Don't be scared." Diavolo gently cooed. "I'm going to adopt you."

"Y-you'll just abandon me..." Y/n whimpered.

"I won't. I won't ever abandon you." Diavolo declared.

"P-promise...?" Y/n held out his pinkie finger.

Diavolo hooked their pinkie fingers. "I promise."

Y/n hugged Diavolo tightly, a bit scared.

Y/n regretted that decision with his whole heart.

"I wish I stayed there..." Y/n murmured in annoyance.

"Stayed where?" Diavolo spoke, scaring Y/n.

Y/n was in the kitchen of the Demon King's castle.

"Oh, uh, at the House of Lamentation." Y/n quickly lied. "I want to get along with the brothers better."

"That can be arranged." Diavolo smiled.

Y/n eyes went wide. "No, no you don't have to, big brother—"

"I know I don't have to." Diavolo smiled, as he went to call Lucifer.

Y/n sighed. Kill me.

***

Y/n shared a room with McKinley, which they both were fine with. Y/n was scared to stay with the brothers. He didn't know them, besides their names.

McKinley and Y/n headed to eat breakfast. They were chatting until they made it to the table of the brothers. Y/n turned and headed into the kitchen to hide, which confused McKinley.

"Hurry up and come eat." Mammon demanded of McKinley.

She did so, and sat next to Mammon. "Why is—"

"You should stay away from the monstrosity." Mammon said loudly. He wanted Y/n to hear. "I heard he's part cat cause his mom fucked a hellcat."

Y/n grabbed an apple, and tried to quickly leave through the dining room. He wanted no issues.

"I don't think that's true." McKinley disagreed. "Why would Prince Diavolo adopt him, if he was something like that?"

"Because Diavolo pities people too easily." Mammon stated.

Y/n turned around and chucked the apple at Mammon's head, knocking him out of his seat.

"Go die, Mammon. Seriously, go die." Y/n stormed off.

McKinley went to chase after Y/n, but Lucifer stopped her.

"I'll go check on him, you eat and head to class." Lucifer commanded.

McKinley reluctantly nodded, and started eating.

Lucifer followed the footprints of a hellcat, that lead to the woods. Lucifer called out
Y/n's name, yet there was no response.

"I know you're here, Y/n. I just want to talk."

"You're just going to snitch to Diavolo that I was aggressive. Just go tell him, so I can receive my punishment." Y/n snarled from a tree above.

"I won't." Lucifer promised. "I just want to talk."

"About?"

"I've never seen you get violent before. Why did this trigger you so much?" Lucifer asked.

"Because my mom didn't fuck a damn cat!" Y/n snapped. "He's spreading rumors to the one person who actually sees me!"

"What do you mean by, 'sees' you?"

"I'm always in Diavolo's shadow. I'm not even a real Prince. I can't live up to the title of prince, nor can I live up to the expectation of Diavolo."

"Why are you trying to live up to his expectation?" Lucifer raised a brow. "Be you. That's all you can be."

"But..."

"There's only one you in the entire three worlds. So why try to be something you're not?"

"I-i... Okay..."

"Now come down, and let's head to school."

"Yes, Lucifer..."

Y/n jumped down from the tree. Lucifer held Y/n's hand, as the left the woods. Y/n was blushing heavily, until Lucifer pulled his hand away. Lucifer patted Y/n on the head.

"Head to class." Lucifer slightly smiled.

Y/n nodded and headed to class. Lucifer's words stuck with him. Y/n decided he was going to change. He would be someone entirely different. Someone not in Diavolo's shadow.

***

Y/n's grades went to the top of the school, and he was much more outgoing. He made a group of friends, and was booming in popularity. No one saw Y/n as, 'The second prince'. He was now 'The Coolass Cat dude'.

Diavolo loved Y/n's change, and wondered where it came from. He tried asking Y/n, but he dodged the question. Diavolo was worried that Y/n would over exert himself.

"Lucifer." Y/n caught Lucifer after dinner. "Can we chat. Just for a few moments."

"Yes." Lucifer nodded.

Y/n and Lucifer went to the piano room for some privacy.

"I wanted to thank you for your kind words, a few months back. Could I treat you to dinner?" Y/n smiled.

"It won't be necessary. Seeing you thriving is enough."

"P-please, Lucifer..." Y/n got close to Lucifer's face, lightly blushing. "I-i have to repay you... Please let me..."

Y/n's tail was thrashing, as he felt himself get excited. Lucifer was surprised at the boldness of Y/n. Lucifer smirked.

"Alright, cutie. We'll go on a date."

Y/n blushed even harder. "O-okay! Tomorrow for dinner! Night!" Y/n ran to his room to tell McKinley the news.

Lucifer chuckled softly. This might be fun.