but i still love him

Jade:
___________________________________________
Mom
Last online 15:36

Im gonna stay at a friends for a project for a couple of weeks
✔️✔️
Read.

___________________________________________

As always, mom is  busy at work. There is no time for her only child. Whatever.

Im in my car on my way to mine to grab some clothes and stuff.

"So why am i here again?"

Tori says from the passengers seat.

"I don't know emotional support? I haven't exactly had a close friend -"

I cut myself off when i practically felt the giddy vibe from Vega.

"What am i again, Jade? I didn't quite hear you. "

She says in a playful tone. Ugh, she's teasing me. I feel a blush rise to my cheeks. But it's not a feeling of embarrassment for some reason.

"Then you can stay deaf Vega."

I say frustrated that she made me blush. Wait. Im supposed to like Beck.
Im in love with Beck...

Vega smirks the entire car ride, humming to some song she wrote about trying to make it in America or something. Cute. Wait no its stupid.

We pull up to my driveway, and Vega gawks at my house.

"Woahh! Jade, you didn't tell me you lived in a mansion!"

She said in awe.

"You're being dramatic, Vega,"

I unlock my front door and walk in. Vega following.

"Come on, my rooms this way."

I say casually as Vega trails behind me. She's still taking in the 'amazing' decor in my house. Well, they mean nothing when the house is empty. These things hardly make it a home.

I go into my room, and Vega follows.

"Exactly what i expected."

She says while sitting on my bed. I mean, i don't blame her. My walls are dark green, and shelves litter the wall with insects in frames and taxidermied animals. Full of moths, snakes butterflies, and even an antelope head gifted to me from my aunt.

"Your room is pretty,"

Vega says, looking at me.  There's something about her that's off. It's like a feeling that she feels, but i feel too. Is it something about the way her eyes hold a message i can't decipher?

I realised we've just been staring at each other for a while. I snap out of the weird trance and start packing some clothes. To stay at Vegas.

Some lacy tops and shorts and a few skirts...

"You must be staying for a while, Jade."

Vega says, glancing at the duffle bag im filling.

"Well, yeah.. I'm alone most of the time, and right now, i don't want to be."

I sound so pathetic. But it's all i can do right now. It's not like my parents would drop everything to help me. They're never around. But Tori's there. For some reason, she is.

It's weird just last week. we were at eachothers throats about getting the lead in some play, but i don't really care about it anymore. I have other things to think about.

"Do you want to go out and get some froyo after you drop your stuff off at mine?"

Tori snaps me out of my zoning out.

"How'd you know i like Froyo?"

I say playfully.

"Well, you'd always recommend that Froyo place down the road whenever we'd hang out with the others. But we never went because Robbie's lactose intolerant and Cat's weirdly afraid of the machines there."

It's weird that she's so thoughtful. Beck always took a dig at me for being inconsiderate, but he wasn't any better. Time and time again, I'd find that he'd forgotten our anniversary or day of our first date. I know it's embarrassing, but it's important to me. That's the only reason I'd retaliate and not be as good of a girlfriend as I could be. Maybe that's why i broke up with Beck. Maybe it was a long time coming. But i still love him.

"Yeah... sure Tori."

Im so unsure of this, but i feel happy that she notices things. Beck never would've thought about.

But I still love him.

"So that's froyo at like whenever after mine then?"

Ugh. She's so sweet. it's literally giving me cavities. It's sickening...

"Did i just see the gothic queen smile?"

She teases

"Well, maybe you did... Or maybe you're blind."

I say, a stupid smile on my face creeping into the corners of my lips. A little too romantically. It almost sounds like im flirting with her. No, Jade, you're just healing from a breakup.

I finished packing my clothes and hygiene stuff. Then, I drove to Tori's
With Tori in the passengers seat. She's twiddling her thumbs and fiddling nervously. I wonder why.