Dressed in all black

A/N

So I'm kinda stuck, basically Idk if I should write it in carlotta POV or like "Carlotta smiled" because "I smiled" feels really really bland and boring.... let me know please.

For this chapter I'm changing it but comment because if so I'll most likely change it back my loves!
Anyways let's get on with the story AHHHHH

[¤¤¤]

The train has finally stopped, and Carlotta's nerves started kicking in like properly kicking in... Blaise had left the compartment to meet up with around 5 boys in our year one of which was very bleached blonde. Carlotta wasn't sure why she noticed that above everything else but she did.

Carlotta's cat "Adeline" had jumped back on the trunks top end so she had to carry it by the trunk and not the handles! Pansy and her began making their way to the platform, butterflies gradually forming in Carlotta's tummy as she clenched her hands - her nails digging into her skin almost piercing her palms.

As she stepped onto the dark pathway outside filled with first years and guards she felt an overwhelmingly urge to run, she didn't know where, but just to sprint. Carlotta knew it was too late and that she had no choice but to advance towards the gleaming, breathtaking castle staring down at them from the mountains peak.

She had lost sight of pansy for a split second before hearing her excited scream from earlier on the train ride when she realised carlotta was new. She swiftly spun around trying to make out what way pansy had dipped.

Carlotta was spinning, in circles. Endlessly. People kept shoving into her and knocking against her shoulders. At some point Adeline had trotted over to a big old giant? He was carrying a trolley full off animals, owls, cats, some hidden rats and even some frogs!

Breath, just breath. It's all okay Carlotta muttered to herself closing her eyes and thinking back to when her father read her bedtime stories and held her hand whilst she drifted off into a deep sleep.

The crowd of exhausted 6th years and buzzing 1st years had died down and carlotta finally made her way to pansy. Not noticing she was talking to a curly haired brunette boy.

Pansy looked next to her when she noticed carlotta looking at her in deep confusion! "Oh Mattheo this is Carlotta, Carlotta this is Mattheo Riddle!" Parkinson beamed excitedly at the two as they finally locked eyes.

"Oh so your the new gossip girl, huh nice to finally meet you... love"  Riddle tilted his head as carlotta looked at him and took a few moments too reply, trying not to blush harder. Her palms were already sweating mercilessly...

"I guess that's me! News travels fast obviously...." Carlotta muttered under her breath as she pinched her wrist and looking back at pansy in clear desperation.

Mattheo had charmingly smiled at the two girls and quickly left to leave, Pansy and carlotta started to tiredly shuffle to the carriages a few minutes away. Parkinson had now started blabbering about how Draco's hair seemed to have drastically changed in shade, only she would notice that.

But carlotta had stopped listening, she didn't mean to but with the encounter with mattheo earlier obviously meant that Tom had to have been around aswell. She had recently been told by blaise what he looked like so Carlotta had her eyes peeled.

That was it. There he was.

Leant against a lampost, stood staring at mattheo as a fed up look slowly climbed over his face was the Tom Riddle. He was dressed in all black, clean neat hair combed out of his face, and was holding a trunk.

Except this trunk was different, it wasn't the battered old ones most 6th years owned, instead it was a newly leather black trunk.

[¤¤¤]

As Pansy and Carlotta climbed into an empty carriage (her still yapping on about all things draco) she looked out the window and stared at tom and Mattheo. They definitely we're exactly how pansy had described them hours before.

His eyes perked up and that was officially the sight that made Carlotta's heart skip at least 8 beats at once.

Her hands began growing warmer, her cheeks flushing a tinted pink and again out of instinct she pinched her already bruised wrist.

There he was, staring at Carlotta. With absolutely no care whatsoever of Mattheo's want for discussion.

Next thing Carlotta knows is that somehow she was clambering up the massive stone stairs which led to a huge double doored entrance of the castle she had previously been so excited to reside in.

Oh she didn't know what was coming for her....

A/N

I'm going to be entirely honest I much prefer the older chapters over this one. I kinda rushed it and haven't had a lot of time to write it as school started again, and I've had tests and a mahoosive stack of homework that needed completing.

BUT I promise when the homework dies down I will treat you to 3 chapters in a row okay!

This chapter was very short but the next one will be more eventful and nerve-wracking, if I can write it that good!

Let me know what you think my lovelies and pleaseee let me know if you like this way of writing over my other chapters because I am terribly torn!!

-EM