"When will Father propose to Mother Cynthia?" I asked. Both of them looked utterly shocked.

"M-My dear?!" Mother Cynthia says.

"I want a mommy... And I want Mother Cynthia to be my mommy..." I continued, holding Mother Cynthia's hand with a sorrowful look.

"I-I... I'm so sorry, Your Imperial Highness. This..." Mother Cynthia says, clearly taken aback.

Meanwhile, I secretly smiled at both of them.

"Thea, do you understand what you're saying?" Father asked. Seeing their reactions, I had to fake a cry..

"Waaaaah~ I want a mommy! I want a mommy!!!! Why can't I have a mommy too?! Other kids have mommies and I don't! It's so unfair!" I cried, tears streaming down my cheeks, while the servants, Ms. Vera, and Mr. Bosworth watched in shock.

"My dear..." Mother Cynthia started, looking genuinely concerned.

"Thea... You know we can't..." Father attempted to explain, but I cut him off with even louder sobs.

"No! I want a mommy! I want Mother Cynthia to be my mommy! Why can't I have a mom too!? Why can't I have one! I miss my mom... I miss my mom..." I cried.

"Thea, calm down, come here..." Father says, but I pushed him away.

"Why do other kids have a mother while I don't? I get jealous seeing others with a mother and father... Why can't I have one too?" I continued, my cries growing louder and faking my tears.

"Thea... Please..." Father pleaded, looking at me with worried look on his face.

"No! I miss my mom! Why can't I have a mom too!" I said before running away.

As I reached the hallway, I quickly wiped away my fake tears and grinned to myself.

(Wow, I didn't know I was such a good actress.)

_____________________________

"I... I truly apologize for what just happened, Your Imperial Highness," Lady Cynthia said, looking apologetic. Archduke Willard then turned to face her.

"I... I apologize to you too, my lady," Archduke Willard replied, looking directly in to Lady Cynthia's eyes.

"Well, it is already late. I will take my leave," Lady Cynthia says.

"No, my lady. It is already late at night. You may stay here for the night. The maids will prepare a room for you," Archduke Willard insisted, gesturing towards a maid.

"Oh, thank you, but I may have to dec—" Lady Cynthia attempted to decline, but Archduke Willard cut her off.

"I insist, my lady," Archduke Willard says, his gaze fixed on Lady Cynthia.

"T-Thank you, Your Imperial Highness..." Lady Cynthia says, and Archduke Willard nodded to the maid.

"Follow me, my lady. I'll guide you to your room," Maddie said with a bright smile, leading Lady Cynthia away.

Alone in the main lobby, Archduke Willard found himself approached by Vera and Bosworth.

"Well, that was quite a scene to watch, Your Imperial Highness," Vera commented, a small smile playing on her lips, while Archduke Willard simply sighed.

"The lady must really miss the presence of her biological mother," Bosworth says, lost in thought.

"Your Imperial Highness, would you like me to prepare some suitable candidates for you to consider for marriage?" Vera suggested with a smile, but Archduke Willard's expression darkened.

"I believe it's time for His Imperial Highness to consider marrying again, so that the position of Archduchess can be filled," Vera pressed on, while Archduke Willard sighed heavily.

"I don't have time for that," he replied firmly.

"Yes, you do, Your Imperial Highness. That is... if you don't want the young lady to resent you for not providing her with a mother," Vera countered.

"I truly believe that the young lady misses her mother, which may explain why she's drawn to Lady Cynthia," Vera says

"It's possible that the young lady sees Lady Cynthia as a mother figure, which could explain her desire for you to marry her," Vera continued.

"Your Imperial Highness, would you like me to assist you in pursuing marriage with Lady Cynthia?" Bosworth suggested, but Archduke Willard's frown deepened.

"I believe now is the perfect time for you to consider marriage, Your Imperial Highness," Vera says

"His Imperial Highness must also consider that we cannot leave the Archduchess seat vacant for long," Vera insisted, but Archduke Willard simply sighed and walked away from them.

However, Bosworth and Vera persisted, following behind him.

"Furthermore, Lady Cynthia is one of the most suitable candidates if His Imperial Highness plans to propose marriage," Vera added.

"Your Imperial Highness, although her reputation may be questionable, Lady Cynthia is slowly returning back to the society, which is a promising sign," Vera continued, her smile unwavering.

"And let's not forget, Your Imperial Highness, the young lady adores Lady Cynthia," Bosworth chimed in. Archduke Willard halted and turned to face them.

"You two. Get lost," he commanded, and Bosworth and Vera obediently nodded before departing, leaving Archduke Willard alone .

.
.
. 🦋