𝟎𝟐. 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃. July thirty-first. The day that the small family were to go to Diagon Alley. Gracie woke up early, earlier than usual and earlier than her siblings. That was the closest thing she had to peace and quiet in the rowdy household. Like every other morning, she brushed the knots out of her hair with the same navy blue brush, and looked into the small mirror. She looked better than she did yesterday, having actually managed to sleep during the night. After her small morning routine, she pulled a pair of jeans out of a broken chest of drawers, and a navy blue t-shirt. Paired with two fluffy grey socks and the lilac hoody James had gotten her for her birthday, Gracie was ready to leave. Well, at least when everyone else woke up.

A quick journey down the creaky staircase, and Gracie was now sat in the living room. She picked up a newspaper that Lilli had left on the coffee table, but just as quickly threw it back. She hated the news, even if nothing important was going on, they were all written by 'a bunch of phoneys'. Instead, she put her feet up on the coffee table, waiting for any sign of human life.

About fifteen minutes of staring into the cold fireplace, the staircase sounded. Someone was awake. Gracie turned her head at the sound of the door opening to see her younger sister Hope come into the room. She wore a pair of denim shorts and a black t-shirt, similar to the navy blue one that Gracie wore. "Hey Hope." Gracie waved then patted the couch next to her, motioning her to sit down.

"Hey Grace." Hope yawned, flopping down next to her sister on the couch. "Barely slept a wink last night...it was too hot." She sighed. "This is probably one of the hottest summer's ever, according to the weather forecast in the paper."

"Hey, hey, don't believe everything the Daily Prophet has to say, they're run by-"

"A bunch of phoneys...yeah, yeah I know." Hope cut her off. "Are you ready to finally get a wand today?"

"Excited? Yes. Ready? Oh hell no, I'm terrified, what if I don't find the wand, what if I wasn't supposed to get the letter and it was all some big misunderstanding?" Gracie replied, worriedly.

"Come on, you really think that? It said your name clear as day on that letter, and who wouldn't offer you a place at Hogwarts. They're bloody barmy not to offer you a place." Hope patted her sister's leg, giving her a reassuring smile. "You're gonna make tonnes of friends, that will hopefully write to you of course, and drive James insane." She giggled. "You're going to be an amazing witch, I just know it."

"Thanks Hope." Gracie pulled her sister into a hug, smiling to herself.

"Ok, ok, that's enough affection for one day." Hope pulled away from her, still with a smile on her face. "I suppose we should wake the other two now?" She gasped quickly. "Can I throw a pillow at James' face?" She asked excitedly, that earned a quick nod from Gracie, as well as a rather loud laugh.

"As long as I get to join in with that. Pay back for yesterday." The two high-fived each other, grabbing two pillows from the couch, before running back up the creaky staircase to their brother's room.

James was awakened by two pillows being thrown into his face, hard. He groaned in annoyance as Gracie also opened the curtains in his room, the sun blinding him. "Wake up sleepy head!" Hope shouted, throwing yet another pillow in his face.

"What time is it?" He mumbled from underneath the pile of pillows.

"Not that early, it's only nine o'clock." Gracie replied, taking the pillows off of his head. "Get dressed or we'll leave without you." She proceeded to pull the duvet off of him, as Hope tugged his foot to wake him up.

"Alright, alright...is mum even awake?" He questioned, now sitting at the end of his bed.

"Well...she will be soon if that's what you're asking." Hope said plainly, throwing another pillow at him. Gracie let out a small giggle as James looked between the two of them, both annoyed and confused.

"That's...That's not what I asked though...and stop throwing pillows at me, I said alright." He groaned, manoeuvring out of the pillow pile and his bed to stand next to his twin.

"Oh who cares what you asked?" Hope threw another pillow at him, which resulted quickly in a pillow thrown at her own face.

"People care..." He glared down at Hope. "Nice people care, shortcake."

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me shortcake?! I'm only a couple inches shorter than you, they don't matter!" Hope shouted at him.

"They do matter...they really do." He laughed patting her head. Hope hit his hand away and shot an annoyed look in his direction.

"Alright, enough you two, Gracie pointed at Hope "ten year old number one, go make us something to eat." She pointed at James "Ten year old number two, get dressed, I'll go wake up mum, okay?" Gracie instructed the two. "No arguments either." She pointed at the them both before leaving the room. Hope exited the room shortly after her, having thrown one last pillow at James, finally having the last word, or throw in this case.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━