𝟎𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 and the family of four left the house. It wasn't a long walk into the centre of London, but it took longer to find their way to the Leaky Cauldron as James and Hope decided to wander off. Lilli had shouted at the two of them about walking off in the middle of 'muggle crowds' before ending up outside of a dingy building. Above the dark doorway hung a sign. Well, it didn't have any words on it, but the children knew it was the pub. They had been there before, but they barely remembered it.

Lilli pushed open the black door, to be welcomed by a large group of people crowding around an abnormally large man and a small raven-haired boy. The boy looked around Gracie's age. His hair stuck up at the back, and he wore a pair of worn out glasses, sellotape surrounding the bridge. The giant of a man next to him had large beetle-like eyes, yet they spread warmth and love whenever you looked at them, and his hair and beard had formed into a large bushy mane around his rather large head.

"Hagrid!" Lilli broke through the crowd and wrapped her arms around the giant. James and Hope looked bewildered by their mother's actions as Gracie couldn't help stare at the boy. She noticed now, up close, that his eyes were a shade of light green, similar to one of the girls in the polaroid's on the sideboard.

"Bless my soul...Lilliana Lupin all grown up!" The giant known as Hagrid turned to face her and her children. "And you have children now?!" He exclaimed, patting James on the head, ruffling his hair.

"Who is this guy?" James muttered to his twin.

"Mum called him Hagrid...so I think that's his name, dumbass." Hope rolled her eyes at James, before looking up at the tall man in awe.

Unlike the twins, Gracie was now staring strangely at the raven-haired boy. He looked very familiar, but only because of pictures in the house. The boy, slightly creeped out by her, tried to walk away, but an older woman came up to him and grabbed his hand, shaking it. "Doris Crockford, sir, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr Potter."

Gracie now stared even more at him and gasped upon hearing his name. "Blimey! You're him! You're the boy who lived!" She exclaimed excitedly as Hagrid and Lilli were engrossed in conversation. "You're the Harry Potter!"

"Um...yes I am?" Harry stared at her, slightly tense.

"Wow! I've heard about you, I never thought I would actually meet the boy who defeated...You-Know-Who! Well, I suppose you're going to Diagon Alley then? So am I. Are you going to Hogwarts this year? Oh, or do you already go?" She quickly stopped asking questions. "Sorry...I talk too much when I get excited..."

"No, no, don't be sorry." Harry said rather quickly, he held his hand out for hers. "I'm Harry, Harry Potter...oh wait you already knew that." He shook his head quickly from embarrassment.

"Gracelyn Black-Lupin, Gracie, Grace or Lupin will do though. The name is a bit of a mouthful." She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck, accepting his hand with her free one. "And it's alright, there's always time for proper introductions of course...so are you going to Hogwarts?"