𝟎𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄,
𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐘

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐖 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 the horned owl perched atop the signage of Privet Drive. It was November 1st, sometime around midnight in the small suburb. To any normal being, it would have been just any other night, but to wizard-kind, it would be a night no one could forget. Just the night before, lives were changed everywhere. Death and survival would paint a tale for eons.

All house lights were off on the street, the only light shining from the few lampposts on the pavement. The street was quiet, even as a cloaked figure paced down the road. His robes painted purple, and his snow white beard stuck out like a sore thumb in this area of London. It was like he'd been picked straight off the page of a fantasy book. He might as well have been as he flicked the cap off of a small vial in his hand.

One by one, the light fled the scene, leaving Privet Drive in total darkness. It's only light now being the moon. The elder closed the cap and a cat's meow sounded into the quiet.

"I should've known that you would be here, Professor McGonagall."

As if on cue, the cat's form changed completely. Where once a feline sat, now stood an older woman draped in emerald green.

"Good evening, Professor Dumbledore." McGonagall picked up her pace to match her elder's. "Are the rumours true, Albus?"

A solemn look crossed the professor's face. "I'm afraid so, Professor." He paused. "The good and the bad."

"And the boy?" She asked, concern evident in her tone.

"Hagrid and Perseus are bringing him." Albus nodded his head.

McGonagall's lip quivered ever so slightly. "Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?"

"Ah, Professor," A pause again. "I would trust Hagrid with my life." He turned his body to face the younger professor. "Perseus, however, he was in the area and offered... as he is the boy's uncle."

An engine's roar broke the quiet. It wasn't a car, or a plane. Instead, what looked like a flying motorbike and passenger car, grew closer and closer to landing on the road. That was until it did, thankfully producing less sound than it had done whilst airborne. A giant sat in the drivers seat, and a younger man around the age of 24 sat in the passenger car. The younger ran his fingers through his dark locks, holding tight to a bundle of blankets in his arm. The driver switched off the ignition and dismounted the bike, approaching the professors.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir." He lifted a pair of goggles to rest on top of his head. "Professor McGonagall."

"No problems, I trust?" Albus tilted his head to look at the passenger, his eyes softening as they fell on what he was holding.

"None." Perseus nodded, manouvering himself carefully out of the car. "Poor thing fell asleep as we flew over Bristol." He looked downwards at the baby swaddled in the blankets, a soft smile grew on his face. Percy walked slowly towards the now trio, gently rocking his arms to keep the baby asleep. "Try not to wake him." He carefully handed the bundle into Albus' open arms. There was a moment of silence as the Professors looked at the child.

"Do you really think it's safe to be leaving him with these people?" McGonagall asked, walking with Albus and Percy to a front door. "I've watched them all day. They're the worst sort of people imaginable."

"It's most likely what's safest for him, at least for while he grows up." Percy sighed. "As much as I dislike it." Albus nodded his head in agreement.

"This boy will be famous." McGonagall brushed the palm of her hand against the blankets. "There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know his name."

"Exactly." Albus rocked his arms gently, stopping in front of the door. "He's far better off growing up away from all of that." A pause. "Until he's ready." Albus leant down and placed the baby on the doormat, Hagrid sniffing, then clearing his throat in the background.

"It's not goodbye for forever, Hagrid." Percy had rejoined the giant and patted his arm in consolation. "Think of this as a see you later." Hagrid nodded, wiping his cheek of any fallen tears.

Before leaving the child and ringing the bell, Albus placed a letter ontop of the blankets, it read:

── ❉ ──

𝐌𝐫. & 𝐌𝐫𝐬. 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐧,
𝟒 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐭 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞,
𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠,
𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐲.
── ❉ ──

"Good luck... Harry Potter."

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

━━━━━━ ◦ ❉ ◦ ━━━━━━

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬| Welcome to the revamped version of The Cursed Wolf! It's taken quite a bit of planning, but I'm extremely happy with where I'm currently at with it, and I hope you all enjoy it! One thing you may notice is the distinct lack of Dursleys. Essentially, the "Blackman's" will be filling in this role, and all will be explained further on throughout the series!