10. Fresh Mint In The Lemonade

Start from the beginning

"Just that it had gotten pretty bad."
Lori responded and started to clean some dishes. "He's not the same, says he froze."
Maggie sighed and handed me a knife to help them cut some cucumbers.
"Blames me, says i got inside his head."
She continued.
"He came back, that's what matters."
Lori smiled softly.

"Men always do stuff and they're either gonna blame the little woman as a reason to do 'em, or the reason they don't." Lori sighed.

Maggie sighed aswell and grabbed a plate
for Beth. "I'll just bring this to Beth."
She nodded. "Oh, no you two go on, i got this." She smiled and grabbed the plate from her and went into Beth's room.
————————————————————————
A few hours pass, i get out of my tent and find Andrea looking for Glenn and Maggie.
"Any idea where they might be?" She asked.
I shook my head. "Nope, why?" I asked her. "Lori, she asked for them." Andrea said.
I nodded and see Maggie and Glenn walking
in a distance. "There!"
I point as we make our way towards them.

"Maggie, Glenn! Hold up!" Andrea yells. "Whatsup?" Glenn asked.
"Lori asked about Maggie, she needs you
two at the house now." Andrea said.

We all make our way towards the house
and find Lori sitting at the kitchen table. "Finally!" She said and stood up.
"Maggie, i need to talk to you about Beth."
She whispered. "What about her?" Maggie asked. "She tried to hide the knife i gave her for her dinner." Lori sighed. "I came back to grab her plate and once i got back into the kitchen the knife was gone!" She slightly raised her voice.

Maggie gasped softly and glanced over at Glenn. "I got it back, but i needed to tell you this, we have to keep an eye on her." Lori added.
Maggie nodded and quickly walked over to
Beth's room, Glenn followed. After a while we hear Maggie and Beth arguing.

"This could've been handled better."
Andrea says as she rested her body on the kitchen counter and glanced over at me and Lori. "How so?" Lori sighed. "You shouldn't have taken the knife away." Andrea replied.

"Excuse me?" Lori raises her brows.
"You were wrong." Andrea shook her head.
"Like Dale taking my gun, it wasn't your decision." She added.
Lori scoffed and shook her head.
"You want to tie a noose for her?" Lori replied.
"If she's serious she'll find a way."
Andrea shrugged.

"Doesn't mean i can't stop her or let her know that i care." Lori said and started to clean up the kitchen. "That has nothing to do with it, Lori." Andrea rolled her eyes. "She only has so many choices infront of her, and she believes the best one is suicide." She added.
"That's not an option." Lori crossed her arms. "Ofcourse it is!" Andrea replied. "She doesn't need to be yelled at?" Andrea shook her head.

"She needs a loaded gun right?" I scoffed.
"Lori did the right thing, the only one complaining is you." I rolled my eyes.

"I came trough it." Andrea answered.
"And became such a productive member of the group." I chuckled sarcastically.
"Let Maggie handle this her way."
Lori backed me up.

"I contribute! I help keep this place safe!"
Andrea yelled. Lori nodded and looked at her. "The men can handle this, they don't need your help." Lori scoffed at Andrea.
Andrea shook her head and glared over at us. "I'm sorry? what would you have me do?"
Andrea asks. "Oh, there's plenty of work to go around." Lori glances back at her.

"Are you serious!?" Andrea raises her brows. "Everything falls apart and you're in my face for skipping laundry?" She crossed her arms.
Lori sighs and tilts her head slightly.
"Puts a burden on the rest of us, on me, and Carol, Patricia and Maggie." She sighs and rests her hands on the table. "Cooking and cleaning and caring for Beth." She sighs.
"And you, you don't care about anyone but yourself." Lori says and looks up at Andrea.

"You sit up on that RV working on your tan with a shotgun on your lap." I cross my arms.
Andrea chuckles and faces me.
"I am on watch against walkers! That's what matters! Not fresh mint leaves in the lemonade." She scoffs. "And what do you do exactly Joo?" She raises her brows.

I nod my head and clench my jaw in anger as i give her a glare. "First of all woman, i am eight years old, what do you want me to do?" I start.
"Plus, i have done more for this group than you'd probably ever will." I hissed at her.
"I went down that well, i helped clearing the barn. I helped Rick bring back Hershel!" I add.

"Oh yeah, did you? You know what else you did Joo? Leave your own brother on that roof. Because that's who you are!" Andrea yells.
I chuckle and push her. "Keep my brother out
of your mouth Andrea!" I yell.
"Is that all you got?" She scoffed as she left
the room.

"Bitch." I mumble softly. Lori nods and sighs. Maggie enters the room and sighs.

_________________________________
"How's Beth?" Lori asks. "She's with Andrea." She softly replied. "What!?" I ask as me
and Lori both look at eachother in shock.

Suddenly we heard glass breaking from the
other room. All three of us both ran up to Beth's room to find out the door is locked.
"Beth?! You all right?" Lori yells.
"Don't do this, Beth! Don't do this!" Maggie yells. "God how can i leave her with Andrea!"
Maggie softly says.

"Where's a key?" I ask as i search the drawer
next to us. "I don't know." Maggie groaned softly. "Beth, honey please open the door i'm not mad!" Maggie pleaded.

"Maggie, back up." I say as i grab my gun
and shoot out the lock. The door opens and
Beth turns around with her wrists covered in blood. "I'm sorry.." She sobbed.
Maggie gasped and made her way
towards her and held her into a tight hug.
"It's okay." She whispered and cried.
————————————————————————
We immidiatly got Hershel and helped her
clean her wounds. Me, Maggie and Lori made
it to the front porch as Andrea approached us. "Where were you!?" Maggie asked firmly.

"I heard, is she alright?" Andrea asked calmly. "She would be if you had stayed with her!
Where were you!" Maggie crossed her arms. "How bad is she?" Andrea asked.

"It wasn't deep." Lori responded from behind Maggie. Andrea exhaled and chuckled.
"She wants to live, she made her decision."
She smiled. "She tried to kill herself!"
I yell at her. "No, she didn't." Andrea rolled
her eyes.

"My father is stitching her wrist right now!" Maggie shouted. "She'll live." Andrea smiled and took a step further but Maggie blocked her.
"Stay away from her." Maggie demanded.
"From both of us." She added and gave Andrea
a glare. "Don't you dare step a foot inside this house again." She scoffed and walked back up the stairs towards us.

Andrea glared at me and Lori as she nodded and walked away.