Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Image above is Ayato (L) and Kaneki (R). So I'm ending this fanfiction here, I might make a few minor updates in the future but for now this is it. Thank you for reading and voting, I love you all xx 

Ayato was unsure how to respond, he was completely aghast from what he'd heard. He hadn't suspected that Touka's death was accidental, it never really occurred to him as he was certain that his suspicions were correct. But the thought always lingered as to who was responsible, he had his theory that it was Kaneki at times. However, he only ever felt ashamed with the thought.

They stood in silence for a few minutes, their crestfallen eyes set on each other. Both were on the brink of crying aloud, but they never; they just continued to gaze into one's empty orbs. 

Ayato placed his palm on Kaneki's cold cheek, "i-it's okay." He tried to reassure Kaneki but he couldn't even restore his own confidence on the matter. Howbeit, even after hearing the truth about the incident, Ayato's affection for Kaneki didn't lessen. 

Kaneki rested his palm against Ayato's, he relished the moment despite being surprised by his unexpected approach. The warmth between the couple in the frigid early hours of the morning increased as Ayato pulled Kaneki closer. Kaneki felt Ayato's breath against his skin, it was harsh and he sensed the anxiety in it. 

Ayato's hand made its way up Kaneki's shirt,  it was painfully cold causing him to flutter. However, he indulged his touch and tilted his head to press his lips on to Ayato's. His lips were dry until Kaneki moisturized them with his own, Ayato mistakenly pierces Kaneki's bottom lip resulting in red liquid tracing down. Startled, his hand reaches for Ayato's arm which is tenderly stroking his back from up his shirt, his grasp releases within seconds as they continue osculating. 

~ Part Two ~

Finally, Kaneki pulls from Ayato's embrace. His face is crimson with a stream of dried blood which trickled down his chin. He looks directly at Ayato whom licks Kaneki's fluid from his lips. Seeing him do that aroused Kaneki however he didn't respond to it. 

"So," Kaneki says exhausted, "you understand?" He awaits for Ayato's response but he walks off into the bedroom. Kaneki follows, slightly confused. 

The bedroom is dull, the only light which peers through is from the balcony in which dawn arises. Ayato purposely falls onto the large double bed, holding himself up with his palms as he kicks his black, leather boots off. "I understand, it wasn't entirely your fault." His tone was calm, "I've been living in the past and I feel it's about time I focus on the present. Therefore, I've decided I want to rejoin Aogiri Tree with you; we can be like partners in crime." He teases, a smirk spreading across his charming face. 

Kaneki couldn't quite grasp onto what he was hearing, "Are you sure? You seemed pretty annoyed when I informed you about my decision. I feel like you're being too hasty, after all I am doing this for you." 

Ayato extends his arms, clutching onto Kaneki as he drags him down onto the bed. "And I'm doing this for us."