Chapter 185: Endless Horde

Start from the beginning

"One of the rare few times I'm glad you're doing so well, Idonea." Said Marley with a faint smirk as she landed beside Idonea while setting Sarah down, putting her between the two.

"One of the rare few times where you and I think the same." Replied Idonea lightly as she glanced at Marley while effortlessly slaughtering tens of beasts every second.

"So, how was it out there? Is it just like I imagined it would be?" Asked Idonea with a frown as she punched a beast with her hand while using her sword to slice through several at once, staining her body in red blood as well.

"Yes, unfortunately, it seemed neverending, though it's not like you couldn't see that for yourself." Stated Marley with a grunt as she also slaughtered many creatures, preventing any from harming her or Sarah.

"However, it's not so bad; if we ever need to escape, we can always use His Highness's last crystal ball. It should allow us to escape if the need arises; even with the massive amount of monsters, they won't be able to resist a full-strength attack from His Highness." Added Marley lightly as she once again used one of her various techniques, killing thousands more, though, to their eyes, it did nothing.

"You're not wrong; I'm prepared to use that if things take an unexpected turn, but everything has been fine so far. It's unpleasant, but if things stay like this, I'm confident of defending against this horde of monsters for an indefinite amount of time." Said Idonea as she powerfully sliced her sword down, manifesting a large sword wave that embedded itself into the swirling mass of monsters, killing thousands and creating a large scar for a mere short moment.

"Y-You shouldn't have said that, Idonea; His Highness once told me a phrase he learned a few years ago when he was exploring that mortal realm. I believe he said anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Stated Sarah with a worried look as she tried helping out by attacking the monsters with her own techniques; although she only managed to kill a few of them, it was better than nothing.

"I agree with Sarah; if something unforeseen happens, I blame you!" Remarked Marley, though Idonea ignored her and focused on the monsters before her.

For the next several hours, the process remained the same: kill, kill, and kill; that's all that was happening, and unfortunately, just as Sarah or His Highness said, something eventually went wrong.

"I hope I'm not the first to notice this, but I'm pretty confident the beasts have gotten stronger; my attacks hardly affect them anymore." Stated Sarah with an ugly expression as she attacked a monster with her strongest technique, only for a bloody gash to form on their body instead of outright killing them.

"You're not the only one; I've noticed it too. The strongest used only to have the power of an early Saint King, but stronger ones have also started to appear; I just killed a monster comparable to a middle Saint Emperor cultivator." Replied Marley while frowning as she viewed the mass of swirling monsters while simultaneously killing them, which had only gotten worse.

"Even with my divine sense, I can't spot a single monster weaker than a Saint Lord." Muttered Idonea with furrowed brows while separating their bodies with each wave of her sword, though neither she nor Marley was nervous.

"S-Shouldn't we do something then? If the creatures continue to get stronger, what happens if Divines start appearing? At that point, it may be too late to leave." Remarked Sarah as she gazed up above, eyeing the sky, most of which was being blocked by the monsters.

"No, it's fine; they've been trickling in, so the instant we spot the first Divine, that's when we'll prepare to leave." Said Idonea calmly while Marley nodded in agreement.

"It may look bad, but don't forget about the existence of the half-step chasm, Sarah; whether they're mortals or a peak Half-step Divine, it'll hardly make a difference for us." Replied Marley while smirking as she easily thrust her spear through the head of a late Saint Emperor monster.

"The only living creature that may not fit into that category would be His Highness; he's a monster in his own right." Murmured Idonea, her words causing Marley to chuckle.

"Hehe, what a crazy trip this has been; not only an endless amount of monsters, but Idonea and I agree on something for the second time in a day." Said Marley with a grin while the three, or well, two, continued killing the seemingly infinite number of monsters as they waited for reinforcements.
___
___

While flying south close to my maximum speed, I sensed a few creatures enter my divine sense, though the reason they caught my attention was because of their characteristics. Their skin, fur, or scales were a deep shade of red, similar to blood, and they attacked every living thing they came into contact with, whether it be beasts or trees; nothing was safe. However, the most concerning thing was that I sensed no soul from them, causing me to frown for a few moments before I realized what was happening.

"Nether Dimension." Said Elif with an ugly expression as he viewed the monstrous-looking creatures through his divine sense.

I had no idea how or why Nether Dimension creatures were here, but I understood the only way for them to be here was through a portal, which also meant if it weren't closed, it would corrupt the entire Treasure realm.

'I'm getting an awful feeling.' Thought Elif as he flew toward the south, hoping Sarah, Idonea, and Marley were fine since he had a decent understanding of how dangerous the Nether Dimension was.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___

___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 200: Elaine & Elif) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 81: Alexander's Heaven 2/3(R18)) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 136: Sebas Vs. Gion) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 258: Elven Ball Cut Short!?) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 140: Return Home) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 240: Janet Candor Yet Again?|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 204: Victory!) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]