02

02- Peculiar

~~~

Violet

~~~

The atmosphere was different... almost heavier than normal. I felt a dark weight on my shoulders as I followed closely behind Mal, my gaze wandering the gloomy sky.

"So this is the Isle?"

"Yup. This is it..."

"How peculiar," I uttered, nearly walking into her, as I lost focus, examining the debris littered around the Isle.

"Stay with me, don't make yourself noticeable, strut or slouch, I don't care what you do but do one of them. Most importantly follow my lead," Mal quickly muttered under her breath, leading me to an interesting looking salon.

'Curl up and Dye'

How very peculiar...

Mal greeted the young girl whom I learn to be 'Dizzy'. Dizzy was gushing over Mal, barely noticing myself, however, I paid no mind to that as I rather busied myself with interior of the story. I found myself particularly ogling the splatters of paint, a small smile sneaking its way onto my lips, the design clearly to my liking.

"And this is Violet," Mal stated, ripping me from my thoughts, causing me to return to Mal quickly, ready to greet Dizzy.

"Pleasure, I do quite like the design of this place. Nothing like it from where I come from," I quickly stated, a charming tone underlined my words.

"Thank you! I love your look!" The girl exclaimed, ranting about who knows what. She would surely get along very well with Tinkerbell. Much to talk about those two I'm sure.

Suddenly Mal was thrust into a chair, Dizzy finally fixing the dreadful faded mop that dared grace Mal's head. This makeover continued for what felt like years, but in reality was just a few hours, give or take.

Finally they had finished, or I had assumed so when Mal paid the girl, a generous amount as well mind you. She squealed in delight, pouncing to go place it in the register.

At last we could leave and I could go explore this foreign land...

"Fork it over yer little runt," a dark voice drawled.

Hastily I spun around on my heel, my cape following in a flurry whilst my forest green eyes landed on the owner of the voice. He had dark hair, cold blue eyes, and looked like a pirate of sorts. He had his hand out, ready to retrieve Dizzy's hard earned cash. In his other hand he held a hook...

Ah shit...

"And the rest of it," he continued, smirking as Dizzy complied, placing the daily earnings in his awaiting grasp.

"Still running errands for Uma? Or do you actually get to keep what you steal?" Mal asked just as he was leaving. He turned back, catching Mal's form, not even noticing myself, not that I could complain. If he is who I think he is and considering his father's history with Auntie Tink, we probably wouldn't get along.

"Well well well," he drawled, relishing in Mal's presence. He smirked before continuing, "just WAIT until Uma hears yer back, she's never going to give yer back yer territory," he exclaimed, finally catching sight of my form out of the corner of his eye, ignoring Mal's response completely.

"And who might yer be? Yer quite the sweet little thing to be here? Now aren't yer?"

A chuckle escaped my lips as I forced myself to square him up. I stood before him, looking upwards, a smirk adorning my pale lips, accompanied by a sadistic gleam in my eye, "bold of you to assume I'm sweet"

"Ha! A feisty little spit fire hmmm? Oh we can fix that," he muttered, leaning down slightly, his lips barely brushing against my neck, his hook playing with a strand of my hair. I felt as if I were in a trance, I couldn't force myself to move no matter how hard o tried.

Thankfully Mal intervened, she pushed Hook off me, causing him to thrust his hook towards her throat, "I could hurt yer y'know," he whispered, a venomous tone underlining his words.

"Not without her permission I bet," Mal replied calmly, having collected herself from saving me from who knows what.

I could see the anger in his eyes, his restraint clearly dwindling as he pulled himself away, a cunning smirk gracing his lips as his gaze found mine, "I will be seeing you very soon my little duckling," he responded as he sauntered backwards, pushing some of the items off the shelves and tables as he took his exit.

A silence enveloped Mal and I as we watched his grand exit.

"That wasn't very good... was it?" I quickly asked her, hesitance underlining my words.

"Nope. No that was not. Now we need to worry about getting you somewhere safe and away from prying eyes."

~~~

"I still don't understand why it was imperative for me to find shelter. However I must say your home is quite nice"

"Thank you, but for now we just need to worry about keeping a low profil-" she tried to say but I cut her off to quickly for that, "but I want to explore!"

"No, it's too dangerous, you don't know the Isle!" Mal explained, her voice raising slightly at this predicament.

"And with that attitude I never will!" I snapped back.

"I told you no. Maybe later okay. How about you just get settled, and I will go get us something to eat, and let you cool off, I will be back in like 10-20 minutes, just don't go anywhere. Okay?" She replied calmly, anxious for me to agree.

"Fine, I promise to relax and not go anywhere," I stated, a brilliant grin etched onto my face, smug about the fact that my left hand is behind my back, fingers crossed.

Mal looked me over, before nodding, deeming it safe enough to give me some space.

~~~

I grinned, pride flooding my body as I was now exploring this new foreign land. So many interesting people and so many different customs. People just take stuff instead of paying. They wear peculiar clothes. They ar-

BANG

My mind felt hazy, my body weak as I relaxed into the muscled figure behind me.

"That's okay my little ducking, you just relax and everything will be fine"

~~~

~~~