"There's no one there," my dad finally concluded, the sound of his footsteps retreating, causing Frank and I to sigh in relief.

"Dude, that was terrifying. I thought we were done for," Frank chuckled.

"Yeah, you just had to sneeze, didn't you?" I playfully punched him on the shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he rolled his eyes, "we should get in there so we can get a closer look."

"How are we supposed to get in there?"

"Well, we can knock on the door or climb in through your bedroom window."

Okay, why does Frank sound like an expert? This is not his first rodeo.

"Alright, before we climb up my window on the second story, let's try knocking on the door."

"Good point," Frank replied.

We walked up to the wooden door, my knock making a hollow sound, reverberating throughout the house like it was an echo chamber.

I watched the doorknob twist menacingly, holding my breath while the door hinges screeched. Frank noticed my anxiety because he took my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

I was greeted by my dad's warming face, which looked more nervous than warming at the moment.

I eyed him up, he was wearing decently classy clothes and, furthermore, product in his hair— It was clear he was making an effort of himself. The intoxicating smell of cologne surrounded him, following him around like a cloud with separation anxiety.

"Uh, hey, Pa." I greeted.

"Son? What're you doing here?" he spoke in hushed tones, aware of the lady waiting inside for him.

"B-band practice is over. Who's car is in the driveway?" I blurt out, not being able to contain my curiosity any longer.

"I have important company over. Now's not the best time for you two to be here."

Is he kicking us out? 'cus of this rando?

"Are you in there with your lov-"

"Here, here's 40 bucks. How about you and Frank go to a restaurant or something, okay? I'll talk to you later, Gee."

he briskly shut the door. I turned over to Frank, dissatisfied with the outcome.

"Plan B, then?" he presumed.

"Yup."

Me and Frank made our way to the side of the house where my bedroom window was located. Our only method of getting in my half-open window was to climb the tree next to it.

It wasn't a crazy-tall tree. It was a manageable height. The tree was girthy, though, with layers of bark encasing it like it was an ancient, aged cheese.

"Okay,  I'll boost you up, and you grab onto that branch and then crawl into my window from there," I instructed Frank.

"Why am I first?" he whined.

"Because, honey, you're shorter and smaller than me. I can reach the branch but you can't" I smiled at him like he was a dog, patting him on the head. He just stuck out his tongue at me. so cute. He's just like a chihuahua.

Frank gave in and stood on my stepping-stone hands. The boy reached his hands out for the branch, just barely being able to grasp it. I stared up at him, his butt being kinda close to my face.

"Nice ass," I comment, admiring his tushy.

heheh, time for my revenge. This is a taste of his own medicine for always flustering me.