Gerards POV

We had made a plan: Mikey and Ray were going to scope out our competition— find some inside information about them and who they are whilst me and Frank buy costumes for our performance at the battle of the bands. 

After making our deal, all our hands went in the middle like we were the Power Rangers or something. "Alright, gang, and split!" Ray shouted as all our hands raised up. Ray wasted no time bolting through the door and dragging Mikey along with him, almost killing him in the process.

After those two were gone, I turned over to my boyfriend. "Alright, let's go shop for some clothes," I say, taking his hand in mine. I was so glad I could finally properly hold his hand after so long, his crutches were usually in the way, but he retired them; he told me they were 'too much a hassle' so I guess he settled for learning how to walk with a cast.

We walked down the street for a while. My home was on the way to the shops, so we passed by my driveway.

"Wait, Gee, look," Frank said, making me turn towards the familiar house. I stared, puzzled, as a shiny blue Honda-fit nested in my driveway. It was out of place, yet it was parked there so naturally as if it was welcome.

"Who's car is that, dude?" My boyfriend asked.

"I-I have no idea..." I really did have no clue. I thought that it was perhaps one of Dad's work friends, but Frank had a better hypothesis than I did.

"I had a dream about a blue car, and your dad was in that dream too with some woman. What if his lover is here?"

Oh, that's smart. How did I not think of that?

"You're right, I gotta get a look," I decide as I creep up to the window.

I assumed that Frank would try to stop me or rationalize with me, but he followed right behind me instead.

"What do you see?" Frank asked as he peered over my shoulders on his tippy-toes— sometimes I forget how short he is.

I focused on the intimate setting before me, a candle-lit scene with the wafting scent of a home-cooked meal slipping through the cracks of the window. My ear picked up muffled chatter followed up by a woman's laugh.

"I see my dad sitting at the table, a bottle of wine cracked open and two poured glasses. I can't see the other person, though." I whisper-shouted.

My dad placed his hands in the mystery woman's ones, holding her fingers in his grasp.

the sight of my father being intimate with anyone besides my mom was sickening. Ew, gross. I don't wanna see his mitts on some random woman he found off the street.

"We gotta find out who that woman is, I had a dream about her for a reason, and it wasn't a good one. I've got a bad feeling about her."

I agreed with him. Plus, I didn't appreciate my dad keeping secrets from us. If he ends up marrying this woman, she could be my potential step-mom, so I gotta find out what kinda person she is.

My eyes locked in with the pair, examining the room to take in any potential clues. But Frank's timing couldn't have been worse as an abrupt noise exploded from him, spraying saliva everywhere.

"Did you hear someone outside?" the woman's voice inquired.

"stupid allergies..." Frank mumbled while wiping his nose.

we ducked under the window, the sound of my dad's footsteps creaking closer to us.

I anxiously brought my nail up to my mouth, tearing it off of my finger with my teeth.

I looked over to Frank, who seemed like he could burst at any second. He was desperately trying to hold in another sneeze, both hands muffling his mouth shut in the attempt.