Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

                “Why are you waking me up so early?” I mutter.

                “I wanted to show you something,” Alistair say, rising to his feet. I sit up in the bed, looking at him as he sits himself down in the violet chair. “Come here,” he smiles.

                “What could possibly have to show me while sitting?” I cock a brow at him, snuggling back under the warm sheets and staring at him.

                “Just come,” he murmurs.

                I get up, instinctually making up my side of the bed before walking over to Alistair, standing beside his leg. “Well?” I inquire.

                “Sit,” he tells me.

                “On the floor, you thought!” I laugh, rolling my eyes.

                “Jeez, do I have to tell you everything.” Alistair whines. “On my lap you clown child!”

                “You just can’t get enough of me; jeez you’re one sexual guy.”

                “Like three fourths of the American teenagers, right?” Alistair laughs. “Unlike half of them, I don’t have an STI. You know what else Fallon?” I sit down on his lap, draping my legs over the side of the chair. Alistair nuzzles his head under my jugular. 

                “What?”

                “There’ll never be enough of you,”

                “Oh Alistair the ever clever love sap,” I whisper. “So what are we doing?”

                “Watching a sunrise,” Alistair grins, I follow his gaze to the window were a stretch of orange was coming up on the horizon through the trees. A sunrise, an effing sunrise, was he kidding me! I look at the horizon and look into Alistair’s eyes, which are fixated on the horizon. I bit my lip. If an effing sunrise with his “girlfriend” made him happy, I would allow him that simple pleasure. The innocent pleasure of watching the sunrise in the arms of someone you love.

* * *

After the sunrise Alistair and I return to sleep, I more exhausted than I’d ever been but overall just happy. Sleep was pitch black, a beautiful nothingness. I was asleep, but that’s all there was. There was no dream, just a resting silence. After hours of deep sleep I roll over awake to the smell of bacon, eggs, and other breakfast like smells. I grin, only to realize that Alistair was still in the bed, looking up at the ceiling, not cooking breakfast downstairs as I had thought.

                “You’ve finally waken,” Alistair says.

                “You’ve finally let me sleep completely through, whose cooking?”

                “Xav,” Alistair mumbles.

                “Ugh, smells so good! I’m starving, I’m going to brush my teeth wash my face and head down there, you wanna come with?”

                “Of course I am!” Alistair gets out of the bed, and we both

                “I saw your birthmark last night,” he whispers.

                I jolt upright, the morning breath forgotten. My birthmark was almost like crescent, it went from the beginning of my underarm to my breast. It was about in inch wide in length, and curved. My mouth feels like it’s filled with cotton, I didn’t like people seeing it – it was weird. I mean, I know some people pride themselves in attempting being “weird” and “different” but that’s not me.  “How did you see it?”