hold on, never turn back (requested)

Author's Note: This is extremely important. This chapter talks about Taylor and the reader being secretly together from around 2016 and on. It talks about her relationship with Joe and Travis being PR.

I need everyone here to know that I am not saying they are. I don't believe that whatsoever. It was just requested for this story and, remember, it is all fictional at the end of the day so please don't think I'm saying her relationships were/are fictional.

I adore Travis and love his relationship with Taylor. As for Joe, I know there have been a lot of things said about him but I don't want to get involved in any of that so please don't bring that on my account or my stories.

Also, while we're at it, I don't care how much you dislike Joe, let's keep it peaceful here. I'm not giving my opinion on him as a person and you don't need to either. He's still a human being regardless of your opinions on him and any hate towards him (or Travis, for any reason) will be deleted and you will be blocked. I will not tolerate hate towards anyone here. Please be kind.

And with all of that being said, enjoy this chapter 🤍 I love you all so much.

—————————————

"Darling? I'm home." Taylor said as she walked into your shared home. "What smells so good in here?"

She entered the kitchen and had the brightest smile on her face, only for it to fall when she saw you standing against the counter with your arms folded over your chest.

You looked unhappy and she knew why.

"Baby,' She began to say, only for you to interrupt.

"Is this ever going to end?"

"Of course it will. This isn't going to be forever." She spoke as she walked over to you.

"That's hard to believe when this is the second PR relationship you've had to do. The first one was hard enough to handle. When it ended, I was so relieved because I thought that now, it would just be us. But now, you have to do it all over again with someone new!"

"I know." She sighed as she brushed her fingers along your arms soothingly. "I'm so sorry, my love. I wish I didn't have to do these things. I hate them just as much as you do."

"I don't think you realize how insecure these things make me feel. I see you looking so happy in photos and videos that everyone posts when you're around Travis. I'm your wife, Taylor. We can't go out like that even though we've been secretly married for years!"

"I know." She quietly spoke. "Trust me, baby. I'm getting fed up with having to do this PR stuff. It bothers me a lot because you're exactly right. You're my wife and I'm yours. We shouldn't have to hide that and I hate that we do. I will put an end to this."

You let out a sad sigh as you hung your head.

"I just wish we could be a normal married couple. I wish we could go on dates together and hold hands and kiss in public. The only people who know about us being married are your family, my family, and our friends. That's it. After all these years. And seeing how happy you look... sometimes it makes me feel insecure. Because I can't make you that happy."

"Don't say that." She whispered as she cupped your cheek, her blue eyes meeting yours. "You do make me happy. You make me so happy, baby. Happier than I have ever been and happier than anyone else in the world ever could. That's why I married you."

You sighed.

"I know it's a lot. I'm so sorry. I promise I will fix this and put a stop to it. But don't be insecure, baby, please. You're the one I love. You're the love of my life."