how you get the girl (requested)

The sound of a quick knock from her front door made Taylor look away from the TV screen.

She grabbed the remote and pressed pause on the movie she'd been watching before peeking out the window.

"You can't be serious." She mumbled and took a few more sips of her wine before she went to the door.

You knocked again just before it opened and when she saw you, she noticed that you were trembling and shaking from the pouring rain.

"Are you insane?" She asked. "How long have you been out here for? It's cold and it's pouring!"

The hoodie you had on wasn't doing its job of keeping you warm since it was soaked through from the rain.

As unhappy as Taylor was with you, she couldn't stand to see you like this and she stepped back inside to grab the blanket from the back of the couch.

"You're going to get sick." She lectured and pulled you inside before closing the door.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't bring myself to come up to your door right away. I stood out there for fifteen minutes just thinking and working up the courage."

"For what?" She asked as she helped you dry off and warm up with the blanket.

"I have so much to say." You said. "I know it's been six months since I last saw you. It's been a very long six months and until now, I've been too afraid to tell you what I wanted."

She sighed before looking at the couch.

"Sit down."

"But my clothes are soaked. I'll get your couch wet."

"I'll be back." She said after thinking for a second.

And a moment later, after returning from upstairs, she tossed you a dry shirt and pajama bottoms.

"Change. I'm going to grab a drink." She said and you nodded before changing into the spare dry clothes she gave you.

When she returned, you were sitting on the sofa.

Coming over to you, she handed you a warm drink.

"You're being sweet."

"Am I not sweet?" She asked.

"No, you are. Always. But I thought you'd be angry with me."

"I am." She confessed. "But I still care about you and I don't want you to get sick. If you hadn't changed, you would catch something. You don't deserve that."

"Thank you." You quietly said.

She nodded and watched you take a few sips of your drink before putting it on the table.

"I know you're mad at me. I get why. What I did was so uncool."

"Oh?" She scoffed. "I was falling in love with you and you just didn't feel the same. Why you couldn't have told me that and just didn't talk to me for six months instead confuses the hell out of me."

"Can I be honest?"

She stared at you for a few seconds before nodding.

"It scared the hell out of me to say how I felt. You're wrong. I'm in love with you and that's why I stepped back. I was afraid to admit it. I'm scared of falling in love."

Her blue eyes softened, the anger she felt at first slowly starting to fade away.

"I don't know how anyone couldn't fall in love with you, Taylor. I'm in love with you. But we were so close and I guess I was afraid to cross that line because I was so scared that we'd never be able to turn back. Love can be scary."

"It can be. But it's me, Y/N. It doesn't have to be scary with me. Because it's real and sincere."

"I must've lost my mind to do what I did to you. In my attempt to keep myself from hurting, I hurt you. I guess that's why I left you alone and didn't tell you until now. I'm truly sorry."

"Yeah. I get it." She nodded. "I get how you feel and I get why you did it but it hurt. But you shouldn't have been scared to cross that line with me. That's why you lost me."

"Lost you?" You repeated, biting your lip nervously. "For good? Or do you still feel the same way about me now that you did then?"

She looked away from your hopeful eyes and to the floor.

"I don't know. I think about you all the time. I've been hoping you'd show up and give me this explanation for months. I was so angry with you. But now that you're here, I don't feel angry. I get how you felt. I..." She paused before her blue eyes met yours again. "I'm still in love with you. But I just don't know, Y/N."

"I understand. But just know that I want you." You whispered. "I want you for worse or for better. I would wait forever. I know I broke your heart but I can put it back together if you'd let me."

"You are, piece by piece, slowly but steadily." She whispered. "I've been wanting you to say this. But I don't want to go through that again. Are you afraid to cross that line still?"

"When it comes to you, no." You confessed. "I did so much thinking during these last few months and I realized just how much you mean to me. But I know it's not easy to move on from what I did. I know I hurt you. I know I broke your heart."

She nodded wordlessly.

"I know this is a lot. I don't want to push things too far. So if you want me to, I'll go. I can come back when you want me to if you need to think. Or you can call me."

She stared into your eyes until her hand touched yours and you looked down in surprise to see her hand on yours.

"You know that I don't want you to go." She whispered. "I've wanted this for a while and while I'm still a little upset, I still feel the same way."

You sent her a small smile as she squeezed your hand.

"Me too." You whispered. "So... did I lose the girl?"

"No." She said before kissing your cheek. "You got her."

You sighed in relief before she put her arms around you and hugged you, both of you quickly melting into each other.

"I'll never break your heart again. I promise."

"I know." She replied, trusting you with everything in her.

And you wouldn't take that or her for granted.

You were in love with her and you were no longer afraid to confess or feel that.

You were proud because you know how incredibly lucky you are to have gotten a second chance from the girl you love more than anything.

And now that you got the girl, you won't ever let her go.