Chapter 12

Kim caught up with me as I wandered without purpose. He brought me to a stop. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, his tone laced with concern. I wasn't even listening anymore; all I wanted was to head home. "Y/n?" he pressed, his hand gently on my arm. I looked at him and shook my head. "Just take me home," I told him firmly. He watched me for a moment before nodding.

The rest of the ride was silent. Kim didn't ask me any more questions after I assured him that I hadn't been bothered by anyone in the building, as he seemed to suspect. "I think it's just fatigue. You should take some tablets and get some rest," he advised when we arrived at my place. I nodded, grateful for his concern.

Without changing, I headed to bed and lay there, replaying what had just happened. It left me feeling confused and scared. Something really weird was happening to me, and I didn't like it.

I had been in a coma three years ago, and I vividly remember the long dream I had during that time. In that dream, I saw Yeonjun too. However, Yeonjun said he's met me before in real life, which doesn't make any sense. How can someone I met in a dream remember meeting me in real life?

If that was true, then was dating Kim Taehyung also true? As if. This was some uncanny situation.

As I mulled over these weird thoughts, I couldn't help but wonder if something supernatural went down that year. It's all so bizarre, like trying to solve a puzzle without all the pieces. But seriously, where do I even start with this mystery?

As I lay there, a sudden realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Taehyung and Jimin. I shot up in bed, my mind racing. Were they following me that night in the park? After spotting them there, I'm almost certain they were there before too. Is it crazy to think they might know something?

Sure, it's just a dream, but someone actually recognized me here, someone I've only met in my dreams. I have to talk to them.

~~~~

Taehyung tosses in bed, his brows knitting together as if he's caught in a bad dream. His hands grip the quilt tightly, and he lets out an unexpected whimper, almost on the verge of a sob. With a start, he awakens, his eyes wide as he whispers a name, "Y/n," glancing around his dimly lit room. His hand moves to his chest, feeling an unusual ache.

"This is strange. It's like I miss her," he murmurs softly, rubbing his chest as he rises from the bed. Slowly, he exits the room, quietly closing the door behind him. However, as he turns, he's met with Jimin's gaze.

"Look what I found," Jimin says, revealing his phone. He seems to have been awake for some time, judging by his alertness. On the screen is a photo of a girl, laughing beneath the open sky.

"Y/n?" Taehyung's voice trembles slightly as he looks at the image. "Ah, yeah. I stumbled upon this from today's K-pop festival. Looks like she was having the time of her life," Jimin replies, scrolling through the photos.

"I had a dream about her just a while ago," Taehyung confesses, his expression troubled. Jimin's confusion is evident as he responds, "She's really been on your mind, huh?" His smile fades as he notices Taehyung's distress. "What's wrong?" he asks.

"I need to see her," Taehyung declares abruptly, prompting Jimin's mouth to gape in astonishment as Taehyung begins to walk away. "Hey, where are you going?" Jimin whisper-shouts, careful not to disturb the others. Taehyung pauses, turning to look at him. "To find her," he states simply before continuing on his way.

Jimin stands there, utterly shocked, unsure of what to do or say in response to his friend's unexpected determination.

~~~

Taehyung parks his car near the convenience store, having a rough idea that Y/n lives around here. Stepping out, he hesitates about starting this search. He pulls on his hoodie and adjusts his cap to cover most of his face, taking a quick look around the deserted street. Fortunately, it's empty, given the late hour.

He wanders around the area, trying to figure out where she might be. The idea seems a bit crazy, but it's worth a shot. As he continues walking, tiredness starts to kick in. He shoves his hands into his pockets for warmth.

Suddenly, he spots a rental apartment. Glancing at the board, he gets the feeling he might find her there. But it's a whole building, and he can't exactly knock on every door without blowing his cover.

He stands there nervously, his heart racing as if it knows she's nearby. Spotting someone approaching from the direction he came from, he quickly turns around, hoping to conceal his identity. But he can still sense the person stopping beside him.

With his eyes squeezed shut, he prays he's not caught. "Ah, excuse me, you dropped this, I think?" he hears a girl's voice, making him even more nervous. What if she's a fan? he wonders, avoiding turning to face her.

"Excuse me?" she taps on his back, and in a panic, he responds, "It's not mine," only to realize she might recognize his voice. A tense silence hangs between them, and his fear only intensifies.

"Taehyung-shi?" she says his name, her voice familiar, and knowing he's been caught, he turns around with a guilty smile. But his expression fades when he sees her face.

"Y/n?" His lips part in shock, eyes widening. Y/n scoffs in disbelief, taking a step back.