sixteen

a/n: sittin on the beach, updating gay fanfic. What a life.

Luke.

I guess I agreed with what Calum was saying. But honestly, I was scared that he would find someone on tour, another famous actress or something, and forget about me.

Well, not forget. More like disregard me. We were soulmates, sure, but that didn't bind him to me. We were free to do whatever the hell we wanted.

"Stop wallowing in self-pity," was the first thing Jenna said when I told her about my worries. "How many people can say their soulmate is their favourite musician?"

I sighed, sitting down on my bed. She had come over to bid the band farewell (mainly Mikey, honestly), and we were in my room, talking, while they were packing their bags. "I guess you're right. But... Come on. You can't tell me it's not a legitimate worry."

"It is," she agreed. "But I think, if you sto worrying so much and listen to what Calum is telling you, things will work out."

I shrugged, not continuing the conversation. Instead, I mumbled a "Come on," and got up, stepping out my room with Jenna at my heels. We went downstairs where Calum and Mikey were getting the last of their things together.

"Hey guys." Calum smiled, looking up from his suitcase to us.

"Hey," I answered, sitting down on the couch. Jenna walked over to where Mikey was, and they immediately started talking about god knows what.

"What's wrong?" Calum asked me with a frown, sitting down beside me.

"Nothing," I murmured, leaning into him. I rested my head on his shoulder and I felt him press a kiss to the top of it, making me smile. "Gonna miss you."

He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "You'll be alright."

I lifted my head to look at him, and he smiled, pecking my lips. "How long until you have to leave?"

"Uh..." He pulled out his phone, checked the time and sighed. "Ideally, about ten minutes."

"Okay..."

Calum smiled amusedly, nudging me with his hip. "Hey, we'll be back, yeah? I promise."

I looked up at him and he seemed nothing but sincere. Granting him a nod, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly, hoping the next time would be soon.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Calum.

Liz parked the car across from the entrance to the airport, and as everyone filed out of the car, I was all but reluctant.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to see my parents again. However, I really did want to spend more time with Luke. I feel like our actual meeting (in our own bodies) was so short-lived, nothing really came out of it, other than the fact that I found out that I liked kissing Luke.

"Come on, Cal." Katie smiled knowingly.

I sighed, nodding and sliding out of the car. I got my suitcase out of the boot, and looked around to see that Luke and Mikey were getting us trolleys. We didn't have much luggage, just a suitcase each, but they were rather big and a pain to lug around.

"You'll see loverboy again soon," Katie chuckled, elbowing me. "I mean, you guys are soulmates."

"Yeah, I know," I sighed. "Just doesn't feel right leaving after only having met him for this little time."

"We need to finish the tour," Katie reasoned. I knew he was right, but didn't mean it sucked any less.

Luke and Mikey came back shortly with two trolleys, and we piled our suitcases onto them easily. Once we were ready, Liz hugged us all goodbye, and Jenna gave me a high five, telling me she had an eye on me. She then proceeded to hug Mikey, and I just smiled.

Finally, I turned to Luke, smiling softly at him. He smiled back, wrapping his arms around me and burrowing his face into the crook of my neck.

"I'll be back, you know," I murmured, wrapping my arms around him as well.

"I know," he answered quietly.

"Don't look that sad, then. As soon as I'm done with the tour, I'll be back again."

He nodded, pulling away to say something else, but the sound of a phone camera going off not too far from us caught our attention. We both turned our head to the right and gasped, immediately springing apart when we realised we were being photographed. The guy immediately scrambled away and I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"We should go," Katie murmured, her eyes scanning our surroundings.

I nodded, turning to Luke. I pressed a kiss to his lips very quickly before mumbling, "I'll see you soon," and smiling at him.

After final goodbyes, we began walking towards the entrance of the airport. I really wasn't looking forward to leaving, but I knew I had to.

I looked back to see Luke waving, and I waved back before taking a deep breath and stepping into the airport. Here's to a long rest of tour.

a/n: HEYHEYHEY IM ALIVE! So this was the last chapter :-) the sequel is gonna be up v soon (I'll let you guys know!) and it's gonna be called Adjusted. Thank you for reading guys. It means a lot to me, you have no idea xx