five

a/n: Ashton's not gonna be in this fic for a while but he'll come soon :) btw I imagined Calum + his band to be English and not Australian. Thought I'd clear that up!

Luke.

Along with Karen's help, I was able to get management to believe my situation. Who knew they'd be so hard to sway? I mean, I guess this whole thing is super far-fetched, but...

Currently, I was back in the hotel room, sitting on the bed alone - Karen was downstairs, and I hadn't seen Michael or Katie all morning. I was curled up under the sheets, simply wanting time to clear my mind, and so I called my Mum. I quickly found out she had some interesting things to tell me.

"So, what you're telling me is that you knew all along something like this was going to happen, but didn't even bother to warn me?!"

"Luke, you're not listening to me," she sighed, clearly exasperated. "I couldn't predict exactly when it was going to happen, or how, or with who. I didn't even know it was going to happen to you. It didn't happen to Ben, I couldn't assume it was going to happen to you."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "So it happened to Jack too! And the bastard didn't tell me!"

"Language, Lucas!" she huffed. I heard some shuffling in the background, and she began to speak again, her voice low this time. "How are you doing?"

"I'm- I'm doing okay," I answered honestly, absently playing with a loose thread on the white bedsheet. "It's weird, who'd think I'd trade places with Calum Hood himself? It's like... It's a little surreal, Mum. I don't know what to think."

She let out a hum in response. "This has been happening for many generations, but never has it been with someone famous... Not this famous, anyways. Singers in the local bars and things like that... Oh god, Luke, what have you gotten yourself into?"

"I'm sorry," I pouted, but she just chuckled.

"Anyways. Calum is trying to spend as little time possible in your room... I think all the posters of himself is getting to him. Jenna is taking him around the town instead."

I smiled a little at that. I had been wanting to meet Calum for so long, and now I was actually going to be interacting with him as more than just a fan... "I don't really blame him."

"Jenna and him have hit it off quite well."

And then, all my happiness went down the drain. Of course he would hit it off with Jenna. I was just some weird fan stuck in his body. Plus, Jenna was gorgeous. No surprise there. "Oh."

I could tell my Mum was rolling her eyes when she said, "Luke, he's got a girlfriend anyways, remember?"

"Yeah," I muttered, but before I could get another word in, the hotel room door flung open and in came Michael, bouncing around like a kangaroo on steroids. Katie followed behind, filming the whole thing and trying not to laugh.

"So!" Michael announced, stepping onto the bed, standing proud with his hands on his hips as he looked down at me. "We heard all about your problem."

"My problem?" I squeaked, and Michael laughed, turning back to the camera.

"Calum here is miserably sick. Look at him!" Katie pointed the phone to me as Michael kept talking. "So, unfortunately guys, we're going to have to reschedule the last part of our US tour. That means our second New York show, and then... Uh... Okay, I don't know your states, but whichever ones were next! We're really sorry."

"We'll be back soon though!" Katie grinned, switching the camera so it could face her. "As soon as Calum is back in shape, we'll be hitting the roads here in the US again. Thank you all for your support, and once again, see you soon!"