ten

a/n: my twitter theme is the bomb yo (y'all should follow me @ VicesAndCurses)

Luke.

I managed to make it home rather quickly, and without anyone noticing me, thankfully. I would've been completely screwed if I had run into a bunch of fans.

Once home, I decided that I honestly had nothing better to do but mess around on Tumblr. I started up my laptop, grabbing something to eat from the fridge in the meantime.

However, when I got back to my room and logged on, I realised I shouldn't have.

My dashboard was covered in photos of Calum and I. Candid photos from today at lunch, and photos from the day he had to come rescue me from the alley. Also, there were photos of me leaving the hotel Calum and the band are currently staying in, with captions saying that I'm Katie's cousin. I knew it was Calum in my body, but... I was just confused. Katie's cousin? Is that what we're telling people?

I scrolled down, trying to make sense of everything. Finally, there was a lengthy text post made by a few people about who I supposedly was.

we've all noticed the blond guy that's been seen with/near Calum a lot lately but no one knows who he is. I have a suggestion though. We all know Calum is openly bi, so here's my theory: this blond guy is Calum's new boyfriend. We all know Karen and Calum are only together for publicity, so maybe blondie is Calum's actual boyfriend or something like that. He probably lives in Australia, which is why Calum is there.

I frowned. What kind of theory was that? Underneath was a response from someone else, and I sighed as I kept reading.

but why would they cancel two weeks of tour just for a boyfriend? It seems really fishy.

Now that was a good point, and I kept reading, weirdly intrigued to know what people thought.

maybe blondie (is that what we're calling him?) forced Calum to come? Or maybe there's something serious, but personal, going on, which is why they hid it to make it seem like Calum's sick?

And the next person: To be fair, Calum HAS been looking very pale lately, and a little jittery. People are saying he was really nervous and panicky when they met him. Maybe we should just give them all some space.

At that, I nodded. We did need space, mainly to make sure we didn't trip up and say something we shouldn't, but also because this was already so confusing without having to worry about fans.

After reading a few more people's takes on who I was, I decided that I had had enough. I was far from Calum's boyfriend, and as far as I knew, Karen and Calum's relationship was real and not just for publicity.

Sighing, I ruffled my hair a little before standing up and making my way to my mum's office. Flipping the light on, I easily found the journal, and sat down on the beanbag to begin reading. However, when I opened to a random page, a small piece of paper fell out. Picking it off my chest, I noticed it was a business card.

"Ashton Irwin, Switch specialist," I read out loud, before frowning. There was such a thing as a Switch specialist? That seemed like a really obscure thing to make a business out of.

Underneath was his phone number, what I assumed to be his office address, and his email ID. I pulled out my phone and took a photo of the card before sliding it back into the journal. Maybe this could come in handy...

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Calum.

After school, Jenna and I made our way over to Luke's house, where he was waiting for us.

As soon as he opened the door, I groaned, "I hope you have a solution to this because I am so done with your maths teacher."

He shrugged apologetically before stepping aside to let us in. "I am, too," he agreed, gesturing for us to follow him into his room. "I may or may not have a solution."

"I hope it's more certain than that, because I'm sick of his complaining," Jenna muttered, glaring at me.

"Jenna, you can leave, you know," I snapped at her, and Luke sighed.

"Guys, stop. He's right, though, Jenna. If you don't wanna stick around, you can just go home."

"Oh, thank you!" she sighed, giving him a quick hug. He nodded, watching her leave, before he turned to face me. In the meanwhile, I had found myself a seat on his desk.

"I found this business card in my mum's journal," he stated, cutting to the chase. He walked over to me, handing me his phone. "It says he's some sort of Switch professional, whatever that means."

I frowned, looking from the photo to him and back. "Do you think it's legitimate? A Switched specialist... Is that even a thing?"

"It's worth a shot, right?" he shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "I'm kind of sick of this. I've tried to call Jack - my brother, the one that went through the Switch as well - but I can't get a hold of him. It's frustrating."

"Should we really call this dude, then?" I asked, and Luke gave me a hesitant nod.

"I think we should," he murmured, pulling the desk chair out from under my feet and sitting down on it. "Nothing seems to be working."

"Well, we haven't really tried anything," I pointed out, trying to stop myself from smiling, and he huffed.

"Shut up. Do you have any ideas?"

I had to give him that. "Not really."

He raised his eyebrows. "That's what I thought. Now, please just make the call."

a/n: this fic is gonna be kinda short, but I'm planning a sequel AND I have a new fic in the works so this summer is basically gonna be Cake-filled :-)) Also do you guys mind that I'm updating this so much?