"Huh.... Wha.." Nika slurs waking up, peering behind her sleepily before seeing Paige motion for her to be quiet, the blonde pointing to the black haired girl cuddling into Nika's chest more which makes the Croatian's cheeks burn.

"There's breakfast downstairs waiting for you guys... You can wake Alyssa up." The Uconn star wiggled her eyebrows before softly laughing, "You guys look really cute together, by the way." She adds before disappearing out of the room, leaving a flushed, embarrassed Nika.

Nika carefully moved one of her arms from around Alyssa to cover her mouth as she yawned, fighting to stay awake long enough to actually wake the other up and start their day. The task proving to be increasingly difficult with the warmth and comfort coming from her favorite girl in her arms.

In her current, tired state, with the presence of Paige now gone, Nika felt more at eased than ever before. Not even growing a blush at the close proximity of the girl she had a crush on, instead just laughing softly as the passed out girl mumbled quietly in her sleep.

"Lyz..." Nika mumbled, shifting the arm that was still around Alyssa slightly, rubbing at the other girls back. "Lyz, it's time to get up, ljubav."

"10 more minutes.." Alyssa's half aware response came, hands gripping onto the back of Nika's sleep shirt a bit tighter.

"10 more minutes and you'll miss breakfast." Nika commented with a laugh, knowing the sentence would wake the other up, Alyssa loved her food, and is if right on cue.

"Breakfast..?" The volleyball player mumbled, before opening her eyes slightly. The girl still out of it as Nika continued to rub small circles on her back before blinking as she realized their position.

"H-Hi." Alyssa stuttered with a blush, glancing up and down Nika's face before moving to sit up, rubbing at her eyes as Nika let go of her.

"Hi." The Croatian responded, moving to get out of bed herself as she stretched, looking for the spare bag of clothes she has packed to change into and also brush her teeth. "Did you sleep well?" She commented, glancing over her shoulder when Alyssa hadn't responded.

"You alright?"

"Huh? Oh yeah. I slept great," Alyssa stated, doing the same as she got out of the bed, "I'm going to hurry and change brush my teeth so we don't keep them waiting, meet you downstairs?" The girl had rapidly said the sentence and disappeared out of the guest room before Nika could even respond, leaving the international athlete entirely confused.

"Huh."

__________

"Why are you ignoring Nika?" Maia asks in a hushed whisper, the two girls trailing behind Kate, Paige, Cailtin, KK and Nika, the girls having bought tickets to a concert, the seven girls making the walk from the parking lot to the concert grounds.

"I'm not ignoring her..." The black hair girl had sad unconvincingly, looking at the ground as she talked.

"Yeah no sure because walking behind the entire group when she tries to talk to you isn't ignoring one of your best friends."

Alyssa stays quiet, hands in the pockets of her Uconn volleyball sweatshirt that she wore over a tube top and some ripped jeans.

"I don't want to ruin our friendship.

"What?"

"I woke up in hee arms Maia. Literally cuddled into her chest."

"Okay? You've guys have fallen asleep on the couch together before?"

"Yeah but this is different, it was in the bed, it was planned." Alyssa rambles, pulling her hands from her pockets to mess with the strings of her sweatshirt. "I don't want to fuck up an amazing friendship because because can't keep my feelings under control."

Maia sighs, pulling the girls arm, bringing her to a stop. The girls in front of them keep walking, not yet noticing the duos pause.

"That girl stayed because you asked her. She helped me take care of you when your ankle was messed up and you shouldn't have been walking," She pauses, moving to tap a finger against the necklace Alyssa was wearing. "She bought you a custom made, replica of the necklace your mother gave you, which costed her who knows how much... Alyssa, that girl loves you, whether it's as a friend or something more I have no clue but your friendship won't be ruined if you just communicate."

Alyssa sighs, hands wrapping around the gold 'A' that adorned her chest. "Maybe.." but the girl states to walk quicker, catching up to the others along with Maia as Alyssa slots herself between Paige and Nika.

"You alright?" Nika asks, glancing over to the girl with a clearly concerned expression, "Did I do something?" She asks in a quite voice for only the other girl to hear.

Alyssa shakes her head, "It's nothing Nika.. I'm sorry I just wasn't feeling well earlier." The girl spoke in a half lie, she was definitely feeling off, but it was only because the nonstop butterflies she had in her stomach and how she could barely look at Nika earlier that day without stuttering or turning red. Being within the arms of the Croatian girl had been the most comfortable place she had ever been, the place she felt safest. Admittedly, it had taken her a lot of pure willpower to leave said arms earlier, much to the younger girl's dismay.

"Alright..." Nika says, her eyes still on Alyssa before glancing away as Paige starts talking to her. The dual athlete looks up, eyes watching the gjrl next to her as she smiles and laughs with her Uconn twin.

Alyssa's eyes catch Caitlin's and Kate's before the two almost simultaneously tilt their heads in question. The black haired girl just gave them a shrug, she didn't even know what was going on with herself if she was being honest.

"Tickets?" A bouncer asks as they get outside of the outside venue, Paige pulling up the QR codes on her phone, letting the burly man scan the needed amount before the girls all filed into the concert.

"Who are we seeing again? Caitlin asked, having slowed down to catch Alyssa, who had started to trail again, lost in her own thought.

The girl blinked, looking to her side before pausing slightly, starting to answer. "Uh.. Actually I don't remember, Maia just asked if I wanted to come and I said yeah."

"Good talk." Caitlin says sarcastically, although the voice held no malicious behind the words. 

"Talk to her." Caitlin started, causing Alyssa to quirk an eyebrow and look at her with a confused expression. "It doesn't have to be today, it doesn't even have to be this week. But talk to her Alyssa. I have a feeling that she's a bit oblivious and you guys feel alike more than you both think."

Alyssa's eyes dart between Nika and Caitlin before just walking forward again, the concert beginning to start.

________

N speaks !

How would yall feel if I did separate Paige bueckers and Nika Muhl stories after this?