Love is one big bet | Oliver

„ ʚ  ──★ ˙ ̟📑 !! ɞ "

— No Au (Regular Au)— Oliver x Gn!Reader— Romantic / Fluff/Hurt/Comfort— Crushes / Lovers / Exes(?) / Lovers again(It's hard to explain)

— Oliver x Gn!Reader
— Romantic / Fluff/Hurt/Comfort
— Crushes / Lovers / Exes(?) / Lovers again
(It's hard to explain)

Requested by: Suzzuk
9k+ words (good grief)

Simple Conclusion: You always had a crush on Oliver since day one, and your adoration continued to bloom the more you saw him around school. Turns out he felt the same way aswell!— or so you thought, which was until you overheard a conversation with him and his friends when heading home after school.

— « __ 🖊️ ! !

❥ To say you were love-struck was most definitely an understatement.

You were far beyond besotted. utterly and hopelessly in love with none other than Oliver; your schools famous and yet also infamous school bully.

It was a tad bizarre, having a major crush on a guy who treated every single student like complete trash. However, it was also a bit endearing to you— which most definitely wasn't a sane thought of yours, but you didn't know how to word it any other way.

Despite his horrible aspects (which was really most parts of him), he did have some good traits that could make him likable. For example, he had good looks. Other students around the school found Oliver handsome aswell, he could easily take the title of Prince Charming if not for his stupid teasing and hysterics.

He was also smart, if not obvious for that red A+ on the right side of his hair. Everyone knew he was a teachers pet because of this, also because Miss Circle just liked him in general. It was no surprise to anybody when he were to get the highest grades in class, unless it were a new student who had no idea what role every kid played in such a crazy school of rules.

However, The list didn't go much farther past that, perhaps it was because you didn't know him as well as others did. It was just a simple faraway crush, Afterall. You didn't really know him apart from being acquainted once in awhile, albeit you cherished everytime he talked to you without wanting to pester or humiliate you in a loud manner.

Your friends found your crush on Oliver to be incredulous, at first assuming you were being brainwashed or blackmailed to say such things by the man himself, that way he can prove that people liked him. (which other students already did, so it was really funny hearing them think otherwise during their panic.)

It took some time, but they eventually gave in and accepted the fact that you loved who you loved, and even if you wanted to— which you really did— you just couldn't get over your yearning anytime soon, because that wasn't how life works, no matter how much you wished it did.