Episode 13: Tricksters

For background, apparently something had happened meanwhile during the special episodes, so now Barry and Joe were investigating Dr. Wells. I thought that finally they were now on my side with not trusting him so much. In the morning, we were gonna go do that.
When morning came, Barry was frantically waking me up.
"Oh? What's going on?" I asked.
"Have you checked the music streaming apps?" Barry asked. "Congratulations! Your solo version of 'Poison' is #1 on all the music streaming apps! And your album is the #1 streamed album! Not only that, you've become the top streamed artist! We have to celebrate at some point today. It's all over the news!"
I quickly got out of bed and checked it. It was true. It hadn't even been that long since the songs were released. I couldn't believe it. I was getting bunches of money by the minute for every time one of my songs was streamed.
"Looks like I'll have to hide from fans now," I giggled. "But first, investigation. We need investigate first, then we can celebrate."
"Sounds good to me." Barry smiled. "Get ready, we're going soon."
I put on some clothes that would hide my face. I didn't want us to be swarmed the minute we stepped out of the house.

On our way there, everything was so different. In the city area, in a place similar to Times Square, a screen played my music video for "Poison". News channels were reporting on my success. I was still in disbelief that this had happened. I wondered if the same thing happened back home on Earth-15.

We went out to the CCPD, to Barry's lab, where Joe was already waiting.
Barry pulled down his board, which had a bunch of Harrison Wells. "This is everything we know about Harrison Wells. . .which is actually not a lot."
"Didn't you read a book about him?" Joe asked.
"Six-hundred pages and the big takeaway is he's enigmatic." Barry said.
"Hard to solve or figure out," I concluded.
"Your mom was killed by a speedster," Joe said to Barry. "Wells' machine turned you into a speedster. That's way too many coincidences for this old cop."
I threw my arms up in the air. "See? He gets it!"
"Do you think that he wanted me to become the Flash?" Barry asked.
"Everything he's done, since that night you got struck by lightning, bringing you to S.T.A.R. Labs, giving you the suit, training you. It's all been to keep you safe."
"And to make me faster, Wells once said he needed more speed from me," Barry said. "Why?"
Joe shook his head and got up. "I don't know. But he wants something from you, Barry. We just need to figure out what it is."
"Well let's go get him then, let's go get some answers," Barry said.
"HELL NO!" I cried. "You really think that's a good idea? That's a terrible idea. He's not gonna reveal his secrets willingly. Even me, an empath, can't figure him out."
"Isabella's right, we can't do that now as much as we might want to," Joe said.
"Joe, Isa, you both had your suspicions about Wells from the very beginning," Barry said. "Joe, you thought he might be the man in yellow!"
Joe grimaced. "Except the blood from your house didn't match his."
"Okay, maybe he's not the Reverse-Flash," Barry said. "But you think he knows what happened that night. He may have the key to getting my dad out of prison."
"Whatever Wells wants from you, it started fifteen years ago," Joe said. "He's been patient. Scary patient. You've gotta listen to me on this. We have to be just as patient."
"Yeah," Barry sighed, pulling down the map to cover the board.
"He's the Count of Monte Cristo!" I exclaimed.
"Who?" Barry asked.
"Oh, come on, you never read that in high school?" I asked. "I read it my freshman year, it's by Alexandre Dumas? The main character, Edmond, got falsely imprisoned for years in the Chateau D'ilf, and he escaped, and to get revenge, for years, he plotted everything intricately, and was very patient, scary patient. It's also a musical on Spotify. The only thing that really went wrong for him in his plan, was that he accidentally caused the death of a toddler, and almost caused the death of Valentine, the lover of the man he looked at like a son, Maximillian."
"I think I did read that in high school, I found it really confusing though," Barry said. "There were just these random scenes with random people, and people who were previously in the book."
I smirked. "The random people were all Edmond Dantes."
Barry's eyes widened. "Seriously?"
"Yup. I loved that book so much."
That's when we heard explosions coming from outside. There was a playground outside, and people were running from it. Red umbrellas with tiny little presents were floating down from the sky, and exploding on impact with the ground.
"Man, what sort of messed up foolery is this?" I cried.
Barry and I raced off, and in seconds, suited up, came back, and Barry rescued a boy named Henry from one of the gift boxes.
"Henry?" Barry asked. "Nice name."
Then we raced off.