Episode 12: We Interrupt Your Daily Program For This Special Part 3

The intermission was over. And during intermission, both teams had time to plot new strategies. We still had our honest strategies, and the strategy of spreading what Hillary did to sabotage us during the first part of the competition. But from the other team I heard some dishonest talking with talks of more sabotage. How I knew? Wren, as well as Will, Jeremy, and John were not so sure about what they were plotting.
    Yet again, Team Hillary went first. It was "Inner Thoughts (Reprise)", the last song in the Between The Lines. It wasn't that really that interesting of a number, nor was it that long of a number, being only fifty-two seconds long. I thought we would definitely win.

Finally, Usnavi went out, going out in a brown crewmate costume. Alexander was playing his saxophone backstage. He was singing "Lyin' To Me". It was a proper song. We all played other crewmates on stage, Aida was the only color who didn't die in the animation, while Ricky was the imposter. We all pretended to be killed by Ricky, except Aida.
    I felt confident that we would win this round.

The votes came in. We weren't even close. Yet again, the audience didn't quite understand the reference of the animation. We were still in the lead, so that was fine. This made the score 11-15. We still had some time. It was only the first round of the second part.
    The next round cued. Vicki was on singing "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid, including its reprises. This wasn't a good sign. Including the reprises, that gave the audience more time to listen to her.
    I had to do better, with "This Wish." I got back into the costume I wore in "I'm A Star" and "At All Costs". I had to give my all, because "This Wish" didn't have a reprise (yet).
    Vicki was doing pretty good, with all honesty. But that fact terrified me.

I was nervous coming out on stage. I had a Goliath to beat.
    "So, this song is called 'This Wish.' I wrote it when I felt that I was being forced in a position where I couldn't be my best, and I wished to have something more for me than what I was going through."
    I began singing. I made myself feel the way I did when I first wrote the song. There were lights like fireflies that surrounded me. I was nervous, so I looked behind me, to see my Dad nodding at me, which gave me new confidence. I even added a little riff. There was a wind effect, blowing through my hair. That was when it stopped when it wasn't supposed to. I still continued singing nonetheless.