Top 10 Pokémon That Should've Gotten Megas

With the recent announcement of Legends Z-A and the return of Mega Evolution for the first time since the Let's Go games, I've decided it's time to look back over a decade into the past and give my opinion on ten pokémon whom I think deserved a Mega.

Just to clarify, this list is not going to be a speculation on who I think is gonna get a Mega in Z-A.

Also, there will be no pokémon from Gen 7 onwards because I'm talking about pokémon I think should've gotten a Mega Evolution during its introduction in Gen 6.

Now I won't be going into depth about the pokémon on this list like I do in the previous chapters because several of them I plan on giving their own chapters sometime in the future.

If there is a pokémon you believe was robbed of a Mega that isn't on the list, please share your thoughts in the comments because I love hearing from y'all.

With all that said, let's get to the countdown.

#10 - Hydreigon

I am actually opposed to pseudo legendaries having Megas due to them being super powerful already, but Hydreigon is my favorite of the lot...so I'm willing to make an exception just for it.

It's an absolute travesty that out of all the pokémon to chose from that debuted in the fifth generation, the only one to get a Mega...was Audino.

Other pseudo legendaries like Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamance, and Garchomp got Megas, so why was my three headed death dragon left out?

(I know Dragonite was too, but like I said, pseudos shouldn't have Megas....except Hydreigon.)

Stat wise, I would use the +100 BST that Megas have to boost Hydreigon's speed and attack.

For an ability, I'd give it something that makes the dark/dragon type's damage output absolutely disgusting like Sheer Force or Huge Power.

Is this overkill? Heck yeah it is! A pokémon that looks like a cross between King Ghidorah and Hydranoid from Bakugan should be a weapon of mass destruction in my opinion.

Hydreigon's typing would also remain as it is just to balance things out and allow fairy type moves to obliterate the tri-headed dragon as per normal.

The mighty dragon is this low on the list purely because of my aforementioned dislike for pseudo legendary Megas despite my blatant favoritism towards it.

I promise the rest of this list will be more fair.

Speaking of that, onto the next one!

#9 - Staraptor

The regional flying type of Gen 4 is only number 9 in the countdown because Staraptor honestly doesn't need a Mega because it's already a great pokémon, but one would be nice to have anyways.

The stat boost from mega evolving should obviously go into its attack and speed, making Staraptor even more of a threat.

For the ability, I'm hesitant to replace Intimidate due to it being an iconic aspect of Staraptor, but if I had to give it a different ability, I'd chose Gale Wings to make it a more dangerous Talonflame.

(Keep in mind we're talking about Gen 6, so Gale Wings hasn't been nerfed yet.)

A staple of Staraptor's moveset is Close Combat, which helps it deal with the rock and steel types that would otherwise wall it, so why not lean into that and make Mega Staraptor a flying/fighting type?