Chp 10:

Tessa:

I pace back an forth in the bathroom of the restaurant that we were at.

I had told them I would  be right back but I'm sure that I've been gone far longer than supposed  to. I keep pacing and look at the ground.

I couldn't wrap my brain  around why this was happening. I didn't do anything to him-so it made  not a bit of logic why he would be coming after myself or Nick.

I look up when I see the  bathroom door open and in walks Camila. She gives me a comforting look  and approaches me. "You okay?" She asks softly. I look at her and frown.  No, this wasn't okay. I'll never be okay.

I shake my head and she  frowns slightly. "Tessa...I realize that I don't know you or Nick well  or for long-however you seem like a strong person." I look down. "I work  with the best team in New York City and when Wyatt is working on a  case, he makes sure that he gets it done."

I nod. "And I intend to  do the same." She gives me a warm smile and I thank her before we head  back out and take our seats again. "You okay?" Nick asks as he places  his hand on the top of my chair near my shoulder. I nod. "Yes. I will be  better when he's arrested." I say softly.

Nick scans my face with  his green gray eyes and nods. "What do you suggest that we do?" Nick  asks. "If he knows that we're tracking him down then he'll either stop  or change his tactics and we don't want either. If we want to catch him  then I need you two to go on with your days as if you don't know a thing  I've discussed with you." Says Wyatt.

I sigh. "Fine but can I  have a gun?" I ask with a straight face. The three of them look at me  utterly surprised and I shrug. "What? If a crazy person is coming after  me then I want to be protected." I say with a serious tone in my voice.

They all look slightly  amused. "No. I'm not getting you a gun." Nick says sternly. "Oh c'mon, I  already know how to shoot one." I fold my arms, Nick's face turns to  look at me quickly. "When did you-", "My dad taught me, he wanted me to  be able to defend myself against...guys." I smirk and Wyatt chuckles  slightly.

I watch as Nicks face  falls and he shakes his head. "Well you aren't getting a gun and that is  the end of it." I roll my eyes. "I think she should have one." Camila  says, Nick looks dead at her and Wyatt does too.

I laugh slightly and  grin wide. "Thank you, Camila. At least somebody thinks so." I turn my  head to look at my fiancé whose emotions were unreadable at the moment.

"Don't encourage her."  He says through gritted teeth. "What is the big deal? You can have a  taser but I can't have a gun." Nick begins to rub his temples and  groans. "Do you understand the consequences of owning one?" He asks me.

I purse my lips. "No,  and that is the end of this discussion." He takes a sip of his water and  looks away from me. Was he seriously talking to me like I was a five  year old?

I open my mouth to speak  but close it again and choose not to fight him any further on it.  Camila gives me a compassionate look. I felt slightly helpless at the  moment.

Nicolai:

My frustration level was  getting higher and higher as I shut my eyes for a few seconds and  exhale heavily. The thought of her with any sort of weapon was  unwelcoming to me.

I open my eyes again and look around as everyone had begun to eat. What was I going to do with her?

I couldn't risk a damn  thing happening to her or the child. I look over at her and my  expression softens as I brush back a strand of her brown hair.