Chp 5:

Tessa:

I finish up my last bits of work before packing up my things and leaving the office. It was nearing six thirty and I wanted to try an get home before Nick so I could make us dinner.

But as usual I get stuck in traffic and inch along the streets of New York City.

Once I finally get home and up to the penthouse I notice that Nick is home already as he stands on the terrace, slightly leaning over the balcony. I place my things down and go to join him.

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist as I place my head on his back and shut my eyes.

Nicolai:

As I feel her touch I can't help but smile and relax. I felt calmer now as I move slightly and turn around to face her. She looks up at me and I lace my arms around her body so our bodies are pressed against each others.

"I love you." I say. She looks at me surprised and then smiles. "I love you too.", "I don't think that I say it enough." She touches my cheek and then lowers her hand again.

"Well...each time you say it to me is special." I grin and kiss her. "I was thinking of making dinner but..." She slightly trails her fingers up an down my arm and I start to kiss her neck.

"We can always just order something." I say as I grab her ass and scoop her up. She lets out a slight giggle as I lay her down on the patio couch and play with her hair.

"Whatever you'd like to do Mr. Piercy." She says with a laugh as I hold her and lace our fingers together.

"Oh I know something that I'd like to do." I say with a wicked grin as I lean into her. "Well...it'll have to wait because right now I am seriously craving sugar." She says placing her hand in front of my face and then sitting up.

My mouth falls open as she stands. "Really? You're just going to leave me here like this?" I call out. "You don't just toy with some bodies emotions like that Tess." I yell as she smiles and gives me a thumbs up before walking inside.

I let out a loud groan as I lay there. I can't believe her.

Tessa:

I begin to raid the fridge and freezer before finding a tub of ice cream and smiling. He was probably mad at me but I was eating food so at the moment I could care less.

I grab two bowls and scoop the ice cream into them then grab two spoons and walk back out onto the terrace as I hand him a bowl.

"Oh so you'll give me some of this ice cream  but you won't give me any-" Before I can let him finish I raise my hand. "Shut up and eat your ice cream before I eat it for you." He looks at me utterly amused and begins to take bites and then looks off.

I could tell that something was bothering him but I didn't know if I should ask. That's when I remembered how he had pestered me to tell him my issue.

"What's wrong?" I ask finally. He snaps back into it and looks at me. "What?", "I asked what's wrong?"He looks at me. "Nothing." He smiles and takes another bite.

Liar. I narrow my eyes and cross my arms.

Fine. If he wanted to play that game then we could play that game.

"Fine don't tell me. But just know, the next time you ask me what's wrong...I'm not telling you." I say with attitude. "Are you mad?" He asks amused.

"Yes.", "Well you shouldn't be...because you're not the one sitting here with a bo-" I shut him up again and kiss him.

"Are you still mad?" I ask. "Not as much." I smile. I loved moments like this with him.

"Are we...going to be able to do things like this again...you know after the baby..." I ask trailing off.

He looks at me. "We'll make sure that we do." He holds my hand and I nod. "Good."

~*~

We ordered Thai food and ate on the terrace again, the song Electric Love by Borns played lightly in the background and the lights that I had hung a few months ago were lit up.

It was perfect.

As we finish eating and throw our things away and clean up. I hear Nick's phone ringing and he grabs it, answering. He walks out of ear range and I go lay on the couch. Our dogs Charlie and Jackson start to play tug of war with a bone chew toy and I start to scroll through my phone.

I see that I got a text from Naomi and it's a picture. When I open it up I feel my heart drop. It's my employee Stella talking to Silas.

I quickly call Naomi. "You got the picture I see." She says. "How the hell did you get this?", "I was walking home and saw them talking on the sidewalk near our office. Tess...how do they know each other?" She asks. I look down at the ground panicked. "I have no idea."

What the hell.